Rare Find! 83 Rm125d

I just saw this add in the local paper.

Rare Find 1983 RM125D, In storage many years, fresh premix, starts 1st or 2nd kick. Great compression and gearbox flawless. NO leaks from motor. Full Floater suspension $975 FIRM

What do you guys think?

I don't know too much about those and don't know how rare it is but you can never have enough bikes, if it is in as good shape as the ad says it sounds like a good deal

if you got the cash,buy it. they are worth alot....

When I was a kid a a neighbor up the street had an 81 RM125 that I fell in love with. About 10 yrs ago I passed by his house and it was for sale. I figured I would stop back and buy it later on. When I went back it was already sold. :lol:

I'd go with it. Those early floaters were some of the best bikes of the era, look good and are great fun.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=68461

If that floats your boat, go for it. Personally I'd find a nice RMX, but that's just me. :p

Go check it out. If it's not a huge terd then buy it.

If that floats your boat, go for it. Personally I'd find a nice RMX, but that's just me. :p

I all ready have a cool vintage YZ125 with the sprockets on the right hand side to mimick the Euro bikes of the time:thumbsup:

If I could find an RMX I would get one, but maybe I'll wait and see if I can find a nice DS.

I know this is a Zook forum but I noticed your YZ on your first post. Do you have any pictures? I just got myself an '86 and I am in love! It's even got the old BASS system on the rear shock. It's a smart bike.

I know this is a Zook forum but I noticed your YZ on your first post. Do you have any pictures? I just got myself an '86 and I am in love! It's even got the old BASS system on the rear shock. It's a smart bike.

No I don't, but I have the engine sitting on my shelf in the garage. It's all fresh (0hrs) and professionally built to rip. The guy had a hell of a time trying to find parts for it. I got the engine back and never installed it. That was 5 years ago. I have to send the frame out to be powder coated and find some ouri grips, answer bars and sunshine levers! As of right now all those parts are the original oem from the date of sale. The guy I got it from bought it new, rode it, crashed it, and parked it all in the same day.

One of these days I'll finish all of my crap and start posting pics.