Sign in to follow this  

DR350 Fuel Tank Preference

I need the bigger tank for my 1999 DR350X

I have read all kinds of TT & Advrider.com stuff

Still undecided...........so, what's the best tank for this bike????

http://www.justgastanks.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_69_170

I have owned tanks from all 3 manufacturers before, and I like the Acerbis best for my DRZ400, the IMS best for my DR650.......but for the DR350X, it comes down to the ACERBIS or CLARKE:smirk:

I did not like the CLARKE for the DRZ400 cuz it seemed thinner & fuel sat higher, so this is my concern for the DR350

Anyone out there seen or used both of these for the DR350?

The IMS is out because I want the extra fuel of 4.2 gallons?

Thank you kindly:thumbsup:

happyriding !!

:lol::worthy:

I have a clarke and l like it. Lots of extra capacity and fits good.

+1 on the Clarke tank, 4.2 gallons is nice, came with the bike, Really nice..Using a Yamaha rapture petkock..with it..

I have a DR250 that I bought with the IMS tank already mounted, it's built very well. Probably built better than the Clarke.

I just bought a Clark tank and installed it on my DR 350. I like the look and the fit much better than the IMS.... so for me it all came down looks on the new purchase.

The Clarke is bigger than the IMS by about a gallon and less expensive. Many people worry about getting every bit of the fuel out of the plastic tanks because of the way they are designed so with the Clarke you're already ahead of the game.

I don't care for the look of the Acerbis tanks at all so it was never even an option for me.

I'm also using a Yamaha Raptor petcock on the Clarke tank but that's only because I have a Mikuni pumper on that bike.

The IMS tank still has the stock Suzuki petcock.

I have the Clarke and like it fine, but I believe the Acerbis allows you to actually use the full tank of fuel, whereas the Clarke has the petcock above the level of the forward part of the tank, so you'll run dry before you actually use all the fuel.. Still a great tank that adds good range though.

well, I went with the CLARKE in the Natural color.....kinda by default I guess:smirk:

I just lucked into this as I was on the web site for motosport.com & couldn't get my order to process for the ACERBIS Tank, so I called them.

Talking to the guy, I just happened to ask if they had any Natural color tanks for the ACERBIS............No, he said, but he did have a Natural CLARKE at a closeout price, $110.77 + $8 with 2-day FEDEX Shipping...............SOLD!!!!!:p

That's a lot of bologna....err, I mean cigars I can buy with the 100 bucks I saved

Sorry guys, I asked if they had any more at clearance price for the DR350, but no, this was the only one........Natural, damn, that's the color I really wanted too cuz you can mix & match all fender color options with this color tank...........it'll match my DR650 IMS 5.0 in NATURAL now too:thumbsup:

well, I went with the CLARKE in the Natural color.....kinda by default I guess:smirk:

Talking to the guy, I just happened to ask if they had any Natural color tanks for the ACERBIS............No, he said, but he did have a Natural CLARKE at a closeout price, $110.77 + $8 with 2-day FEDEX Shipping...............SOLD!!!!!:p

Gotta love it when a plan:thumbsup: comes together..

Gotta love it when a plan:thumbsup: comes together..

I know it's a year but does the guy have any more? Somehow I doubt it.:banana:

I've been looking around and it looks like 175-180$ is about the lower limit on price. Anyone see or know of anything cheaper?

BTW,,, what is the difference between the off road only and the dual sport tank that Clarke sells?

BTW,,, what is the difference between the off road only and the dual sport tank that Clarke sells?

The front mounts are completely different.

That's a biggie and I'm glad I fopund that out the easy way. Thanks!