Sign in to follow this  

Need to lower ttr125le, any thoughts?

My wifes ttr125le now goes to my son but it is too tall for him. He is not great on a bike and can't touch the ground on it. Because of the lead law (stupid) and the fact that I own the 125 already seems to me its a no-brainer to keep it for him.

Any thoughts or ideas on a lowering kit for the suspension?

I have adjusted the preload to the lowest setting on the shock and the forks can't go any lower or they will hit the handlebars.

I beleive there is a company that makes a link for the rear suspension to lower the rear. However, the easiest thing to do is to just trim the seat. That's what I did on my son's KLX110.

I beleive there is a company that makes a link for the rear suspension to lower the rear. However, the easiest thing to do is to just trim the seat. That's what I did on my son's KLX110.

May do that, also some lower bars.....I guess it's easy enough to purchase a new seat once he grows a little.

As far as I know there is not a lowering link or rocker available for the TTR125LE.

There is not a lowering link for these bikes, I have also searched.

Hmmm. I'll try to think of something. Hate to buy another bike when this one is not being used by my wife.

What do people think of these ideas.

- Lace up a set of smaller rims.

- Could you just cut the springs off several inches. It would look more like a dirt track bike, but at least it would be rideable for him.

It would probley be easy to trade your rims and swing arm to someone who wants the taller bike and for that person to trade you the smaller set up. A win win

I think the easy fix is purchasing a smaller bike then selling it when he grows out of it. That's what i'm going to do. Because of the lead law Craig's list here I come!