2007 250xc

I was thinking of picking up a 2007 250 XC, but I read they got a new frame and suspension in 08. Would getting an 08 really be that much of an advantage? The 07 has a bunch of money thrown into the suspension from MX tech, and has a few other goodies, and the 08 is pretty much stock and barely used... but is going to cost me an extra 2 grand :lol: So should i just pick up the 07, or wait for a better deal to come on an 08, or is the 08 a good deal and i should just get it? 07 is $4700 (private sale) 08 is $6700 (dealer) and keep in mind bikes cost more in Canada... thanks

Personally, $2K is A LOT of money. The 07 is a great bike. Yes the 08 is better, but not $2K better, especially considering the set up that has already been spent on the 07 and the setup that will need to be spent on the 08. The difference is more than $2k.

The 07 susp can be made to work very well, and it sounds like someone has already invested some in that area.

I had the newer bike bug recently till I thought about the money I would have to spend to get it set up for me compared to what is already done to mine.

I would try to find a 08 at a better price, seems like most of the time you are going to pay top dollar at a dealer. i know i had a 07(was a 200) with suspension work done, and my 09(250) is stock and is way way way better.

I got the dealer talked down to 6400 on the 08... So i figure the 07 will need new graphics and hand guards, and the 08 is ready to go. So im looking at about $1550 extra for the 08... or there is an 07 RM250 for 4200 :p but it would need quite a bit to make it trail worthy

I really want to pick up the 08 KTM though, but would i be wasting my money getting the 08 rather than 07?

I got the dealer talked down to 6400 on the 08... So i figure the 07 will need new graphics and hand guards, and the 08 is ready to go. So im looking at about $1550 extra for the 08... or there is an 07 RM250 for 4200 :p but it would need quite a bit to make it trail worthy

I really want to pick up the 08 KTM though, but would i be wasting my money getting the 08 rather than 07?

what does the 07 have aftermarket that willl have you spending money on the 08? If you have the coin and find it worth it, get the 08. The newer ones are better, but are they $2K better?

I can tell you, though, I am as happy with my 05 as I was with my 07's, with a whole lot more money in my pocket. I am more at ease and don't worry about my bike as much knowing I don't have a small fortune in it. With my 07's, I felt obligated to ride and guilty when I spent money on them. Now, I don't, either way. It also came with a bunch of stuff I would have had to add to a new bike. This is a decision you will have to make for yourself.

Another thing you have to consider is if the 08 is the bike you really want? Don't buy the 07 and later regret it.

The other thing is the suspension has been set up.....for the current owner? Do you weigh the same? Do you ride in similar conditions?

Ultimately you need to evaluate the riding you will be doing on it, and determine what you want? Do you need the absolute best or is putting $1500 in the bank better?

Me personally, I bought an 05 CR 250 and am regretting it. Don't settle for something...evaluate the situation and buy something you will be happy with.

Another thing you have to consider is if the 08 is the bike you really want? Don't buy the 07 and later regret it.

The other thing is the suspension has been set up.....for the current owner? Do you weigh the same? Do you ride in similar conditions?

Ultimately you need to evaluate the riding you will be doing on it, and determine what you want? Do you need the absolute best or is putting $1500 in the bank better?

Me personally, I bought an 05 CR 250 and am regretting it. Don't settle for something...evaluate the situation and buy something you will be happy with.

good advice, but sometimes the only way to know what you want is too own them, or ride them for a day. After going through bikes and money like water, I rented a 200 for a day before I bought my current scoot. You may think you know what you want, but there is no guarantee, without spending time on them.

As far as the new chassis is concerned. I really liked the new bikes, but I also had a lot of money in them. I am as happy, or moreso, with what I have now. The motor and tranny suit me and I don't miss the latest and greatest.

sometimes it's just a matter of "the grass is greener" syndrome. I had that a couple of times and I am finally on the 'right' bike, for me.

is the rm a new leftover? that is 2200 different, with the right setup could be a good bike as well.

The RM is not left over, but it might as well be... the guy bought it and it had too much power for him so hes selling it. I think that the 08 is going to be out of the question cost wise. I just dont have 6400 to drop on a new bike. Maybe il get the RM and save up for the DI KTM's when they come out

The RM is not left over, but it might as well be... the guy bought it and it had too much power for him so hes selling it. I think that the 08 is going to be out of the question cost wise. I just dont have 6400 to drop on a new bike. Maybe il get the RM and save up for the DI KTM's when they come out

what about resale? Have you thought about that? RM's here are cheap here and have less demand than the KTM off road bikes. What happened to the 07 XC? It will be way more tunable than the RM. Adjustable PV with 3 springs and fine tune adjustment, dual map ignition. The XC already has money spent on it for set up. IDK, it would depend on the total package, $$, parts, set up required.

just trying to make sure you think of everything.