Sign in to follow this  

True Vintage class at D.17 Hare Scrambles?

On anther discussion board that includes off road discussion, one of the posters mentioned that a "true" vintage class, similar to AHRMA type classes will be run at some District 17 Hare Scrambles in 2009. He didn't have any more info other than to say it would be non points paying (exhibition) and the one requirement he knew was that the bikes would be drum brakes only...that's a pretty broad group of bikes. Does anyone have more info? Will it be broken down into sub classes based on developement? Would my B50 BSA or my period modified DT-1 Yamaha be appropriate?

Trackman...you were mentioned by name as one of the driving guys behind this...Could you elaborate?

Thanks.

To my knowledge, no additional class breaks will be offered currently. Run whatcha brung - provided it was manufacturered with drum brakes.

If we start offering classes for every generation of bike - the races would last all day and every entrant would win their class...not very profitable for the promoter. FVOR (and potentially the WFO series) was kind enough to give us a slot, and keeping it as simple as possible was a selling point.

It's a way to get you off-road on your old bike and have some fun.

That sounds OK...at least the vintage bikes get a place to ride. Kind of a "foot in the door" thing with possible "tweaking" if it shows potential for the promoters is what I seem to be hearing...I appreciate the effort. I was just concerned that it might be too slanted to long travel suspension bikes. I would imagine if enough pre-long travel bikes show a separate class for them might be offered eventually.

Is this class going to be offered at Megacross too? Or is dirtbiker771 referring to the usual definition of vintage in District 17?

That sounds OK...at least the vintage bikes get a place to ride. Kind of a "foot in the door" thing with possible "tweaking" if it shows potential for the promoters is what I seem to be hearing...I appreciate the effort. I was just concerned that it might be too slanted to long travel suspension bikes. I would imagine if enough pre-long travel bikes show a separate class for them might be offered eventually.

Is this class going to be offered at Megacross too? Or is dirtbiker771 referring to the usual definition of vintage in District 17?

The vintage class in D17 is a motocross only points event. Megacross is a SX event, so totally different.

we have had some guys asking about running a vintage class. It IS NOT POINTS for d-17, but rather a NO DISC BRAKE only class. we are doing i think 4 races at megacross and 5 at FVOR to make another addition to the IRON MAN series between the two places. We will have all the information for IRON MAN up soon.

D-17 calls that class "vintage" simply to make it easy to name for awards. not to many riders would like "non current" on thier jacket at the end of the year......

Now you're confusing me...There has been a vintage class listed in District 17 supplemental rules for years, but it's been like for bikes made prior to 1995 or 1999 or such...that's why I inquired about the "true" vintage class that I was told about elsewhere.

The "Drum brakes only" is closer to true vintage than what has been the D17 definition of vintage for several years. Were you referring to the "drum brakes only" class in your post (#3) about Megacross or were you referring to the "pre 1999" class?

Am I correct in the assumption that the D17 class in MX that pays points you referred to in post #5 is NOT the "drum brake only" class?

Now you're confusing me...There has been a vintage class listed in District 17 supplemental rules for years, but it's been like for bikes made prior to 1995 or 1999 or such...that's why I inquired about the "true" vintage class that I was told about elsewhere.

The "Drum brakes only" is closer to true vintage than what has been the D17 definition of vintage for several years. Were you referring to the "drum brakes only" class in your post (#3) about Megacross or were you referring to the "pre 1999" class?

Am I correct in the assumption that the D17 class in MX that pays points you referred to in post #5 is NOT the "drum brake only" class?

OK, the D-17 vintage class is a points class. It has nothing to do with us.

Please don't confuse what we will run at FVOR and a few nights at Megacross as a points class. Megacross is considered a Stadium MX venue and has classes that differ from outdoor MX.

None of the vintage classes that you should be concerned with will pay points.

Not trying to re-invent the wheel here. Just want to see some drum brake bikes show up at a few events and ride.

we have had some guys asking about running a vintage class. It IS NOT POINTS for d-17, but rather a NO DISC BRAKE only class. we are doing i think 4 races at megacross and 5 at FVOR to make another addition to the IRON MAN series between the two places. We will have all the information for IRON MAN up soon.

D-17 calls that class "vintage" simply to make it easy to name for awards. not to many riders would like "non current" on thier jacket at the end of the year......

Thanks...I was writing my last post when you sent this one and I got sidetracked by a phone call...you've answered my question.