Sign in to follow this  

A Grandma took me out Wreckage

I was in a wreck 30 min ago! Traveling 35 mph down the main 4 lane street here on the outside lane closet to sidewalk, heavy traffic and lady cuts from inside lane to turn into parking lot, all I had time is skid the rear wheel sideways and impacted into her door(chevy blazer)! The impact launched me off(don't recall how I landed) but watched my bike in slow motion skid about 20 feet into the parking lot driveway!

Damage to bike from impact, smashed in the side off gas tank from my knee againist her door and bent my moose handguard, the hanguard also busted her mirror off- thank god for the hanguard, I would have busted my hand without it!

Damage from skidding on the pavement(opposite side of impact) Handguard and zeta sheild, my supermoto engineering sliders ground down and the muffler slider worked(saved the bike from a lot of damage), ground the tip of my Duke mirror, and scratched the side panel and rear fender from my boot.

I dented the door of the blazer with my knee and the biggest dent from the side of my boot, and of course took off the mirror!

Lot of witnesses, and a nice lady that called 911 which I thanked her for doing all she did!

All that is hurting is my right thumb, left wrist, scraped left elbow, and left knee, and left side of foot. Did not go to hostpital.

I was not wearing my normal gear, I had on my swat type boots, jeans with longjohns, M65 military field jacket, helmet, leather insulated gloves.

The DRZ is a tough ass bike, the colision was pretty severe, and when it happened thought the bike was toast!!

Any wisdom on how to handle the insurance claim on her would be helpful.

I took down her name, address(which is Montana), insurance company and policy number.

The Police officers were cool and one rides bikes(liked the DRZ), they are citing her for failing to give right-of-way.

Anyway still shaking a little, but all is good!

yea freaked me out, I was amazed the bike wasn't more damaged, the sliders really work, plastic wasn't hurt(except from my boot), no damage to the forks or swingarm and I was just thinking of taking the donut of the muffler-glad I didn't!

dangerous out there! takes all my attention to try to read everybody's mind and still bad things happen. glad you can still be here to talk about it.

Good to hear that you faired pretty well considering that kind of impact. Hope you feel well soon. Good luck with the insurance...:p

So glad to hear your just banged up and ok. The bike is replaceable as is it's parts. I say go to the doc and get checked out.

As to your insurance claim. I say take your bike to the dealer and get the estimates. Then send those to the insurance rep.

Good luck and so glad your ok:thumbsup:

Me too, I was not riding in her blind spot, she should have seen me- I know at the last minute decided to wip into that parking lot, no turn signal, just her brake light came on and it was too late, I know skidding into a slide, kind of to match the angle of her car helped, otherwise I think I would have launched over the corner of the hood. I will get some pics, at my bro's house right now.

Sorry to hear about your crash :ride: But, glad you're in one piece to tell us about it. :p

Glad you got to walk away more or less intact. You should get yourself looked at.

Don't wait for the adjuster to get an estimate. Be ready with it when he looks at the bike.

Yea it may be a good idea to go to the doctor to get check out, It will prob get you a little more money since u will have proof you had to go see doc.

Glad to hear your ok and thanks for letting us know. It seems to keep me more alert every time i hear about crashes

I think I will go to the doc, the more time goes by my left thumb is getting more sore and the side of my foot. Thanks everybody, I will be riding home soon and not scared, will ride like I always do-LOL..

Just one of them deals.

Go see the Doc.You may have injuries to you may not realize.Good thing you were prepared with the right gear on your bike and your body. It never ceases to amaze me how common it is for people to drive so carelessly.You could have easily been killed.I am glad you are ok.Everybody take care out there!

In my best Elmo and Patsy voice,

KillerDrarf got ran over by a grandma,

While riding home on his little DRZ....

Seriously though, I'm glad that you are OK, I was parked on by a full size chevy once and it sucks.

ETA, +1 to Lawrencedavidd, I refused treatment at the scene and the next three days I could barely walk.

Yup, go see the doctor. You're in shock after the accident, you will probably hurt a bit more the next day. Open a claim with her insurance carrier. Leave that claim open for at least a year. You have to give authorization to close it, do not let them intimidate you into closing it any sooner than you feel comfortable. Get a quote to fix your bike, or a couple of quotes. If her insurance company are aholes you can file a claim under your policy and they will get the money back for you. I don't propose you lie about anything, but she needs to pay to make EVERYTHING back to how it was. Don't let her off easy.

Good luck and glad you are alright.

Jason

In my best Elmo and Patsy voice,

KillerDrarf got ran over by a grandma,

While riding home on his little DRZ....

Seriously though, I'm glad that you are OK, I was parked on by a full size chevy once and it sucks.

ETA, +1 to Lawrencedavidd, I refused treatment at the scene and the next three days I could barely walk.

HaHa very true LOL! I hear you about that, I would rather take on a little blazer anytime than a fullsize! Wish I would have been wearing my Icon boots, could have really dented the crap out the door. See I skimped on wearing the better boots, because "I am just running over to my brothers house"! Always wear the best gear at the time, is what I learned today- class.

Killer Dwarf you surely is a bad dude, for what you have done, I read the title to your post but could read no more. (A grandma took me out)

I can’t get that thought out of my head, YUK. You should be ashamed of yourself.

I just got hold of a picture of the grandma

ugly.jpg

But seriously mate sorry to read what’s been going down

But seriously mate sorry to read what’s been going down

My biggest blessing in my situation was the fact that the guy had removed his front bumper for some reason so his lower valance panel was the only thing bent. Two minutes with a 2x4 and a rubber mallet and he was just like new, not so for my bike.

take it to a dealer and get a full estimate.

dont let the insurance company pull the "adjuster generated estimate".

glad to hear that your still here.go see a doc right away because your going to be very sore by tomorrow(probally too sore to even want to move)that way you can get the meds you may need to feel a little better