06 YZ 250 Smart Performance SDT to DDT

Hey guys,

I thought I would share my thoughts from SDT to DDT.

Here is the link. http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=751013:thumbsup:

Here is my SDT stack.

From this: SDT Base Valve Stock. ICS stock. Bleed washer removed near the top and one of the 20mm Alum. plates.

MV

rebound

20 x .10 x 3

11 x ?

18 x .10

16 x .10

14 x .10

12 x .10

10 x ? x 2

15.8 x 1.4

nut

MV

compression

20 x .10 x 3

18 x .10

16 x. 10

14 x 10

11 x .10 x 2

17 x .30

7.1 taco spring

4.3 collar

11 x 1.3 x 2

16 x .2 x 3

To this: DDT

Base Valve: EPNP Spring part # 300-130-000060-001

Starting from the Nut or the top

Nut

Washer 12 x 1.4

14 x .3

AC shim

8 x .25 x 4

Piston

32 x .10 x 2

18 x .10

32 x .10 x 15

30 x .10

28 x .10

26 x .10

24 x .10

22 x .10

20 x .10

18 x .10

16 x .10

10.8 x 1.3

20 x 1.4

10.8 x 1.3

Mid Valve:

Rebound

20 x .10 x 3

11 x .10

18 x .10

16 x .10

14 x .10

12 x .10

10 x ? x 2

15.8 x 1.4

nut

Compression

20 x . 10 x 3

18 x . 10

16 x .10

14 x .10

11 x .25 x 2

17 x .30

62 spring

175 spring

7.3 collar

I hope this makes sense!

This is what I'm running with my DDT Mid valve.

Rebound:

20x.11x 3

13x.11

18x.11

16x.11

14x.11

12x.11

10x.25 x 2

nut

Compression :

20x.11 x 2

16x.11

20x.11

18x.11

14x.11

11x.25 x 2

17x.30

62 spring

175 spring

8x7.30 collar

This setup works great for the mid valve.

This is what I'm running with my DDT Mid valve.

Rebound:

20x.11x 3

13x.11

18x.11

16x.11

14x.11

12x.11

10x.25 x 2

nut

Compression :

20x.11 x 2

16x.11

20x.11

18x.11

14x.11

11x.25 x 2

17x.30

62 spring

175 spring

8x7.30 collar

This setup works great for the mid valve.

Thanks for sharing! Is this a woodsy setup? Its neat to see different kinds of stacks with this. My setup is a little soft for me. I ride mainly mx.

A little update, I just finished one fork. I'm replacing the ICS springs from

a 10n to a 14n, a little stiffer. My complaint was that it wasn't staying up in

stroke enough for me. I can tell a difference just by stroking the damper rod.

Hopfully it will work.

Interesting read.

I've got the SDT in my forks right now. Great improvement overall for what I use the bike for.

The forks do feel a little vague on repeated braking bumps or whoops but the bike stays in control. Much better than the head shake I had before. I am happy with the forks so far, they work well over a wide variety of conditions.

I've been thinking about upgrading to the DDT sometime in the future, but I need to get some more time on the bike and do some more tuning first so that I can give some specific feedback to Dave. I can't ask for an improvement if I don't know what I want to be improved!

That's one of the great things IMO about Dave. He takes the time to really provide good feedback. His customer service is second to none. And his prices are right.

Interesting read.

I've got the SDT in my forks right now. Great improvement overall for what I use the bike for.

The forks do feel a little vague on repeated braking bumps or whoops but the bike stays in control. Much better than the head shake I had before. I am happy with the forks so far, they work well over a wide variety of conditions.

I've been thinking about upgrading to the DDT sometime in the future, but I need to get some more time on the bike and do some more tuning first so that I can give some specific feedback to Dave. I can't ask for an improvement if I don't know what I want to be improved!

That's one of the great things IMO about Dave. He takes the time to really provide good feedback. His customer service is second to none. And his prices are right.

Well, you are at the point I was at. I could not justify deviating from the SDT. I liked that setup very well. But I was convinced to try the DDT and it

is more compliant on the small stuff, but a bit soft on the jump landings and braking bumps. So when I get the stiffer ICS springs in there hopefully it will

stay up in stroke, then the fork will be perfect.

After you get it all sorted out you'll have to let us know if it really is the better. :p

I think that the SDT is pretty compliant on the small stuff. Firm, but compliant. But mine could be setup a lot softer than yours was.

trairider121,

I'm guessing your setup is for trail with your name being trailrider..

What kind of trails do you ride on ???

I'm waitng for my DDT upgrade and looking for a setup for high speed trails with sharp rocks everywhere.

Man, I can't wait to try Dave's oil and the Dell Taco setup...

jwaseman, thanks for the info.

Dirtdan,

I ride all sorts of terrain. I'm a Fast B to Mid to top 10 A class harescramble racer. Most of the stuff I ride has a lot of rocks,small to medium size chop, and lots of square edge whoops.Most of the terrain around here is hardpack with loose soil on top.

The new DDT w/ the EPNP setup way better than the SDT. The forks stay up in the stroke and is much plusher. I dont encounter the early blow off anymore. Once you fine tune the fork clickers it works awsome.

Thanks trailrider,

What oil level are you using with this setup ????

Thanks for the info guys :p

I was running 330cc with the single dell taco, but now running 320cc with the Dual Dell taco setup. I felt the SDT needed a higher oil level for bottoming.

I was running 330cc with the single dell taco, but now running 320cc with the Dual Dell taco setup. I felt the SDT needed a higher oil level for bottoming.

Thanks,

Read so much good stuff about Dave's stuff that I had to try it, much cheaper then a revalve job plus we get to learn about our suspension.

Put his oil in the shock now working on the forks.

Now if that white crap could melt...

UPDATE:

After playing with the clickers and oil height a bit with the SDT I am pretty happy with it's performance all around.

I rode with a few other guys last weekend and had the opportunity to ride a few other bikes and the suspension is working really well.

UPDATE:

After playing with the clickers and oil height a bit with the SDT I am pretty happy with it's performance all around.

I rode with a few other guys last weekend and had the opportunity to ride a few other bikes and the suspension is working really well.

Did you do the install yourself? You ride in the bush or on the track.

To answer your question from the suspension thread about service intervals

I would contact Dave and ask him. IMHO twice a year at a minimum.

Thanks for the feedback.

Dave did the install. I was riding at the sand dunes last weekend, but also ride at the track, and off road. I had Dave set it up for mx as that's all I'm used to riding off-road anyways.