Sign in to follow this  

Nat'l Enduro Round 2 video

Here's quick video from the Cherokee National - a little more technical than Sumter (Round 1) with some tighter woods sections (and a little downhill in section 1 that caught a few riders by surprise), but overall another great race.

NEPG Round 2 - Cherokee Nat'l

See you in Fla!

-d

Sweet vid!!! The course looks like fun and the conditions looked great. Thanks for posting.

It seemed like a long winter waiting for your next video but it was worth it. Great video as usual. :p

What was the deal with the downhill with so many crashes? I watched that section several times and couldn't figure it out.

Love the part where Lafferty makes that kid fall over. lol

where was that in georgia i wanna ride their. what track trails did it take place at. Part of it looked like it was at durhamtown

eDIT: I FOUND THIS FLYER FORM LAST YEAR WITH DIRECTIONS http://www.setra.org/PDF/07-08%20Flyers/2008%20Cherokee%20National%20Enduro%20Flyer.pdf WAS IT AT THE SAME PLACE (SORRY FOR THE CAPS KEY BOARD JUST BROKE CANT TURN IT OFF)

It seemed like a long winter waiting for your next video but it was worth it. Great video as usual. :p

What was the deal with the downhill with so many crashes? I watched that section several times and couldn't figure it out.

Not really sure, it wasn't that steep but you did have to make a turn near the top and bunch of guys either grabbed some front brake or just didn't have the momentum to roll through it. If you went slow it seemed you went over the bars.

every race i watch seems the ktm rear brakes squealing like nails on a chalkboard

Mine do as well - it's a function of being cheap in my case - solid rotors with metallic pads - I got an entire season of racing (17 enduros) and will start this year on the same pads. The down side is everyone can hear me coming a mile away - I think the brakes are louder than the exhaust on my 300 ;-)

-d

My brakes are silent on my bike.:p

dunno - maybe it's a brembo thing - I always thought it was the solids/metallic combination that did it.

Not really sure, it wasn't that steep but you did have to make a turn near the top and bunch of guys either grabbed some front brake or just didn't have the momentum to roll through it. If you went slow it seemed you went over the bars.

It did look like they were overbraking.

Mine do as well - it's a function of being cheap in my case - solid rotors with metallic pads - I got an entire season of racing (17 enduros) and will start this year on the same pads. The down side is everyone can hear me coming a mile away - I think the brakes are louder than the exhaust on my 300 ;-) -d

Unfortunately, the squealing brakes are, many times, how I know a KTM is behind me in a hare scramble and wants to pass :p

I`v herd yamaha`s do that to , brakes pad , or rotors , don`t no?

It did look like they were overbraking.

Unfortunately, the squealing brakes are, many times, how I know a KTM is behind me in a hare scramble and wants to pass :p

Ya mean you can hear the squealing brakes over the noise of the chain slapping? :ride: