Sign in to follow this  

Observation

TT Posts

Honda: 1,200,000

Yamaha: 1,100,000

Suzuki: 1,000,000

Kawasaki: 200,000 (5-6 times less than the others)

Which is it...

1) More people have Honda, Yahama, and Suzuki?

2) They have more problems?

3) They are more pationate about their rides?

Any thoughts?

Exactly we spend our time wisely! Ride during the day.....and peak out once inawhile at night on here....lol

I think all of those companies have had 4 stroke off road and mx bikes out a lot longer and in higher production numbers... I mean, how many 4 stroke yzs are out there vs kx? How about Honda XRs and XLs etc? I'm really surprised by the Suzuki numbers more than anything else... although there are a ton of DRZs out there and they seem to be especially popular on these boards.

I also noticed that there's alot less traffic on this board than the YZ250F forum. It's nice because there's less BS to wade through.

As sbern wrote, probably a function of time and models available.

See if you can get the stats for just the past 2 or 3 years.

Compare for the same types of bikes only.

For sure I'm happy there is less "noise" here.

On the weekend I met a "Honda family". It was amazing. The mum knew nothing about bikes at all. But the Honda marketing machine had done a great job on her. Her kid's CRF50 and CRF80 bikes were obviously THE bikes to own. Now, one of my kids had dare I say it, a CHINA bike, so I was like a third class citizen. A real cheap arse irresponsible parent. Apparently I did not know that parts fall off China bikes. I knew my daughter's china bike (built and maintained by me) would handle (adjustable dampers and good steering geom) and stop (disc brakes) way better than her CRF's. I also love our Yam PW50 with the enclosed drive shaft and no chain. But the PW50 is a 2 stroke and thus a complete joke compared to a CRF! I just went along with it, but it really struck me that they were so passionate about Honda yet knew so little about bikes. As soon as they saw my large green bike, I'm sure they knew I was a bit weird. They got free safety gear with the CRF50, and my kids were riding (on a lush green grass paddock) without chest protectors so she had to comment on that. My hat's off to the Honda marketing machine. :p

As sbern wrote, probably a function of time and models available.

See if you can get the stats for just the past 2 or 3 years.

Compare for the same types of bikes only.

For sure I'm happy there is less "noise" here.

On the weekend I met a "Honda family". It was amazing. The mum knew nothing about bikes at all. But the Honda marketing machine had done a great job on her. Her kid's CRF50 and CRF80 bikes were obviously THE bikes to own. Now, one of my kids had dare I say it, a CHINA bike, so I was like a third class citizen. A real cheap arse irresponsible parent. Apparently I did not know that parts fall off China bikes. I knew my daughter's china bike (built and maintained by me) would handle (adjustable dampers and good steering geom) and stop (disc brakes) way better than her CRF's. I also love our Yam PW50 with the enclosed drive shaft and no chain. But the PW50 is a 2 stroke and thus a complete joke compared to a CRF! I just went along with it, but it really struck me that they were so passionate about Honda yet knew so little about bikes. As soon as they saw my large green bike, I'm sure they knew I was a bit weird. They got free safety gear with the CRF50, and my kids were riding (on a lush green grass paddock) without chest protectors so she had to comment on that. My hat's off to the Honda marketing machine. :p

I have similar experience.

I don't see many KX450's out there when I ride. When I do see a Kawasaki its usually a 250f. Not sure why they not more popular...really nice looking bikes and not to mention that its performance is pretty nice too!

I don't see many KX450's out there when I ride. When I do see a Kawasaki its usually a 250f. Not sure why they not more popular...really nice looking bikes and not to mention that its performance is pretty nice too!

I noticed the opposite. 7 of the 9 pros last weekend where I raced were on kawasakis 6/7 were 450s. and the weekend before more than half my class was on kx450s.

i know it seems everywhere in michigan somebody has a ktm or honda there is at top three tto four kawis at any event i intend and two of them are mine and my dads.

I noticed the opposite. 7 of the 9 pros last weekend where I raced were on kawasakis 6/7 were 450s. and the weekend before more than half my class was on kx450s.

I haven't been to a race in awhile. Local tracks on practice days or OHV's is where I spend the most time.

seems like michigan is no where I wana be

Not if your looking for job .......

Many people out of work.

yeah my dad just lost his, michigan sucks but yeah i get weird looks for riding a kawi its weird. Im not kidding when i say out of about 100 bikes at an event there are at leat 80 ktm's, they must be braking the bank at east lansing cycle.

Yea out here, I see a TON of crf/yzfs its rediculous. Not so many kawis, even less suzukis, and hardly any ktms. (Motocross wise)

Its about the contingency money. Kawi pays way better than anyone else. Plus the bikes rip bone stock.