08 exc seat

has anyone encountered a problem putting the seat back on an 08 exc 450? i must be retarded. i did have to replace the subframe from a pretty gnarly get off . everything else lines up , dealer said something about gas tank alignment but again everything seems lined up , seat does not go forward enough , or so it seems . help? thanks:foul:

Just don't be tender with it. I get the seat on and aligned and pushed all forward and THEN give it a very firm wack with my fist directly on top of the seat right above where the bolt roughly is. It goes on with a nice solid sounding connection and then I screw the bolt in. Works perfectly every time. Try it!

I get it on as much as possible, then give it a whack from the rear with a rubber mallet, that last bit of forward motion lines it up just right for the bolt underneath, press down on the seat and , presto!

Just don't be tender with it. I get the seat on and aligned and pushed all forward and THEN give it a very firm wack with my fist directly on top of the seat right above where the bolt roughly is. It goes on with a nice solid sounding connection and then I screw the bolt in. Works perfectly every time. Try it!

i wack it too:smirk: just like p wad:thumbsup:

Mine was almost impossible to install when I first got the bike. turns out the tank hadn't been installed correctly at the dealer. Once the tank is on right, though, it still takes a pretty good whack at the back of the seat to get it on right.

i just got a low seat for my 08 530 exc, its a KTM seat, and I can't get it on. It needs to slide forward like a 1/8 of an inch, and it won't go forward any more.

Sucks.

Try loosening the tank hold down bolt, push the tank as far forward as possible, and tighten. Then put on the seat, try sitting down hard if needed.

i will give it a shot, thanks!

Well apparently this isn't an isolated prob.( i just got back from daytona bike week, awesome time. viewed 4 different types of racing in 4 days. ) my 18 yr old raced the alligator and placed seventh in his class! but reading all the replies , i will try to put it on with tank loose too. i love my bike but sometimes i don't understand some of the crap these guys come up with on an otherwise excellent machine . thanks to everyone who posted.

wow i'm a believer! i had to give it my best shot but it did go in with a snap. the bolt went in after that. so thanks again my seat is secure