What Country/Where do you live and how did you wind up there?

Hi guys, it always intrigues me with all the members that post from so many different countries and I'm always curious as to whether they are local, they are americans that moved there and all that and I'm generally curious how they wound up there and what they do for a living and so on.

So, I think we might get a thread to get to know each other if everyone thinks it's ok. If not, I guess just don't reply. I'm not looking for private info, just the general stuff like.

1. Where are you located?

2. How did you wind up there?

3. What do you do for a living?

4. How did you wind up on TT?

5. What's your nationality?

6. What are you riding and why? Not everyone has a DRZ and some have other bikes too.

7. What's your first name?

8. What does your nickname here mean?

9. How about some pics of where you live? Not your bike, the area, sights and so on.

Alright, let's see what happens.

By the way, the local guys/gals are more than welcome to chime in too and feel free to let us know if you're a man or a woman. It's not always obvious since we don't have the option of grabbing your pants and go, COUGH! :p

Hell, to make it even more fun, share some revealing story about you or something funny you did or something you screwed up. That's always fun as hell. Just any story really, doesn't have to be one that embarrases you. Maybe something that's typically local and some cool pics perhaps. Let's make this thread fun and interesting. I'm here to learn about you and the place you're at.

George

This should be fun. I'm in Colorado,born there. I travel for a living. It's always fun to talk to others people in other places and hear thier version of things, anythings. Usually I try to talk to people I think I may have something in common with. Like bikes, Jeeps, airplanes etc. Coffee is always a very good starting point. Some of the best coffee I have ever had was in the middle east. and the best Copucino is in Hong Kong @ LeCrema in Kowloon.

I'm located in Kelowna ,B.C.,Canada.im here because thats where i grew up(and also thats where my parents decided to settle after immigrating from the UK)My parents immigrated from the UK because life was better.I work as a motorcycle tech(Suzuki tech now)but before i started being a MC tech i was a truck driver for 18 years.I wound up on TT because i was searching for a way to street legal my 99yzf400(and nobody replied to my thread:cry: )then the doc told be to take it easy for a while because i had injured my back riding/racing so i bought a drz400sm and never looked back(and of course i got a reply back in this forum immediately:thumbsup: )I have duel citizinship(British and Canadian but born in Canada)I ride because theres nothing like it and i love it.I ride mostly SM but love to ride the dirt as well(and seeing im just got a job at the suzuki dealership theres two demo dirtbikes that im able to use:banana: )

This should be fun. I'm in Colorado,born there. I travel for a living. It's always fun to talk to others people in other places and hear thier version of things, anythings. Usually I try to talk to people I think I may have something in common with. Like bikes, Jeeps, airplanes etc. Coffee is always a very good starting point. Some of the best coffee I have ever had was in the middle east. and the best Copucino is in Hong Kong @ LeCrema in Kowloon.

So, what's your first name, what do you do when you travel for a living and how come you were in Asia and middle east? I've traveled a lot myself but mostly in Europe. So far 25 countries.

I'm a tea drinker myself, hot tea. I'm so picky about my tea, I once brought my own tea and water heater into a cafe back home 'cause their tea sucked.

Ol' waitress with an attitude asked me why and I told her their tea sucked and it did. They would get the hot water from the coffee maker and the water is NOT hot enough to release the flavor from the tea.

I've also taught the Brits how to make tea, true story, hehehe

mickeydee. So, is Mickey your name and did your parents get you a UK citizenship so it would be easier for you to go back home and visit?

We always had problems with our citizenship (originally Bulgarian) because everyone required us to have a visa :p

Truly a pain in the ass

6. What are you riding and why? Not everyone has a DRZ and some have other bikes too.

1. UK

2. I was born here.

3. I'm a GIS cartographer (kind of).

4. Bought a DRZ.

5. British.

6. DRZ. It was a cheap commuter tool but also fun.

OK im game

live in Delaware always have

as for TT got a drz400 did a search and here I am

im a Journeyman in the HVAC field

as for why a DRZ, wanted to buy a bike for life for the dirt and street

with the E start

anything else you want to know?

mickeydee. So, is Mickey your name and did your parents get you a UK citizenship so it would be easier for you to go back home and visit?

We always had problems with our citizenship (originally Bulgarian) because everyone required us to have a visa :p

Truly a pain in the ass

my name is Mike and i am automatically a UK citizen when born to parent with a UK citizenship.i still have to get a pasport and go thru all the hoops when going to the UK or anywhere else for that matter.

so whats your real name Guiri?

Where are you located?

Connecticut, USA

How did you wind up there?

Born and raised here

What do you do for a living?

Motorcycle Parts Dept.

How did you wind up on TT?

Joined when I bought the DR-Z400SM

What's your nationality?

American

What are you riding and why?

2009 DR-Z400SM

Latest in a loooooooooong line of bikes, and I wanted something new to replace my 2007 SV-650.

I didn't want to spend 10 or 11 grand on a new YZF-R1 or YZF-R6 and nothing else out there in my price range caught my eye.

I'm really enjoying it. :p

What's your first name?

John

I live in the suburbs outside of Vancouver B.C. I was born In B.C. and have lived here for all but 5 Years when I was in Manitoba completing High School.I have worked for Costco since 1987. I found TT when I was surfing the web looking at DRZSM's.I bought the SM to commute on as it looked like a ton of fun.My first name is Lawrence although I am called by my second name David.

My first bike was a plated xr 500 that I rode in the early eighties.I then progresses thru several 2 stroke street bikes and rode 4 strokes in the dirt. I little off the beaten path... but thats what makes Motorcycling so amazing.

In Las Vegas

Uncle Sam put me here (USAF)

Diesel/Gas Mechanic

Bought a DRZ400 and found this awesome site looking for some info

White

DRZ400K1 b/c I love it

Seth

OK im game

live in Delaware always have

as for TT got a drz400 did a search and here I am

im a Journeyman in the HVAC field

as for why a DRZ, wanted to buy a bike for life for the dirt and street

with the E start

anything else you want to know?

Yeah, shoe size, bank account number and first name?

What's a journeyman?

Don't forget first names kids

my name is Mike and i am automatically a UK citizen when born to parent with a UK citizenship.i still have to get a pasport and go thru all the hoops when going to the UK or anywhere else for that matter.

so whats your real name Guiri?

George and here's my story..

My story is super long but I'll try to shorten it down.

I was born in Bulgaria. Moved with my parents to northern Sweden when I was 8. The government there needed doctors, dentists and such up north so someone had the bright idea to bring them in from the eastern block where they have good doctors and they would love the opportunity to get the hell out of the commie countries.

I originally lived very close to the Arctic Circle and yes, in the summer, the sun does NOT set at ALL!

I love the cold.

We eventually moved further and further south (not as cool as up north, the only thing better was fewer skeeters) and have moved more than 15 times in my life :ride:

I moved to Spain when i was 33. Met my wife online in a chat room and moved to the US in 97 and I speak all four languages fluently to the point that I can correct people in their own language and beat them at scrabble and so on. I also think in the language I speak. The only reason I point this out is that I'm tired of people claiming they speak a language 'cause they happen to know a few words.

I live in NC by myself with my 5dogs (gave wifey the boot a couple of years ago) and I do Webdesign and Graphics for a living. All dogs are rescue dogs and three of them are available for adoption.

Those who know me here also know that I'm hard to offend and I can take a joke. I used to love playing cards (four people) and when i could, I would play a game that few people know about that is extremely complicated but very fun but unfortunately due to the complexity of the game, it's almost impossible to find people that play it or can learn it.

I've been a photographer and I am now getting back into it again.

Oh yes, I'm a fatass and I have NO bike at this time which everyone here loves to bring up for absolutely no reason but to bust my diamond plated, very FAT nut sac!

Bastards! :p

In Las Vegas

Uncle Sam put me here (USAF)

Diesel/Gas Mechanic

Bought a DRZ400 and found this awesome site looking for some info

White

DRZ400K1 b/c I love it

Seth

So Seth, how long do you have left in the air force and are you planning to stay till you retire? I know a guy that got out of it and went back again and he said that if he hadn't gotten out, he would have been retired by now 'cause he went in pretty early.

These days, that has to be a good option. Free room and board (I assume) and decent pay and no lay offs :p

a journeyman means I appenticed for four years while I went to school

for four years, and my bank acount number is worthless the wife beat

you to it.

Tim

I used to love playing cards (four people) and when i could, I would play a game that few people know about that is extremely complicated but very fun but unfortunately due to the complexity of the game, it's almost impossible to find people that play it or can learn it.

What card game?

So Seth, how long do you have left in the air force and are you planning to stay till you retire? I know a guy that got out of it and went back again and he said that if he hadn't gotten out, he would have been retired by now 'cause he went in pretty early.

These days, that has to be a good option. Free room and board (I assume) and decent pay and no lay offs :p

I have 26 days and I am out of the AF. I have been in for almost 11 years but it's time to do something else. I have missed over 2 and 1/2 years of my 5 yr olds life b/c of deployments and I have a lil girl on the way (she'll be here in July). I will be moving back home to N.C. and settling down. I will be moving around the end of April b/c I have some custody stuff to work with my son, he is from my first marriage and I'm trying to get custody. It's been a interesting path but I'm ready for something different...:ride:

I'm currently working in the south of England (Hampshire). When I'm not working I spend my time at home in the north of Ireland, Co. Armagh to be exact.

My work took me here. I was posted to the area about 3 years ago.

I'm an Air Traffic Controller in the London Terminal Control Area. I deal with flights in and out of all the major London airports. Chances are if you fly into or out of any of the London airports you'll have been under my control at one time!

On telling one of my colleagues I had just ordered a DRZ, he suggested I sign up here for more info and it has certainly been an education!

Irish. I was born in Roscommon, lived my first few years in Galway and then moved to the north in Co. Armagh where I spent up until now and still reside there when I can.

I pick up a new DRZ400SM next week. I'm an ex-motocrosser who used to race a CR80 and a CR125 although that was quite a few years ago!

Blain. Not the most common!

I'm still very much of a newbie around these parts but once my bike arrives next week I'm sure I'll be posting a heck of a lot more often with plenty of pictures too. :p

OK

1. Where are you located? Renton, WA (origanly SoCal)

2. How did you wind up there? My job offer brought me here

3. What do you do for a living? Make boxes well tell guys to make them :p

4. How did you wind up on TT? Bought my SM and was looking for parts

5. What's your nationality? Bitchy oh wait......Scottish LOL

6. What are you riding and why? Not everyone has a DRZ and some have other bikes too. I ride a 2005 DRZ400SM and a 2003 GasGas EC250 2 smoke

7. What's your first name? ahh Duh......Debi.....

Yes guys....i'm a grandma who rides a SM and a dirtbike. Want some cookies :ride:

1. Bath, PA

2. Job. Came for a 2-year assignment 19 years ago

3. Engineer (process control & automation)

4. Googled DRZ-400 when I was trying to decide what bike to buy

5. French

6. DRZ-400SM K8

7. François