Sign in to follow this  

Newer airbox on a 2002

I have heard some negative things about the airbox design on the 2002 450. I was wondering if it is possible to put a newer airbox on the 2002 to fix this problem. has anyone done this? thanks

The '02 airbox leaked at the airbox/airboot junction.

You can a kit to seal it up better from PC Racing or MX Bonz. If you do go that route I'd get the one from MX Bonz, it's a better design.

I had an '02, the airbox leaked really bad. I got a seal kit from PC Racing, it still leaked a little bit after installing the kit. I ended up junking the '02 airbox and bought a new complete '03 airbox from a guy on here. It will bolt right up to the '02 subframe.

I'd check ebay or ask around on here.

I have heard some negative things about the airbox design on the 2002 450. I was wondering if it is possible to put a newer airbox on the 2002 to fix this problem. has anyone done this? thanks

On my 02 I did the re-seal fix, I wanted a little more...

So I added a 2004 air box and a 2005 boot (claimed 1hp).

:p

In my estimation the best fix is an 03 or 04 complete airbox out of a parted CRF from say ebay is the best way to go,The 03/04 has a much more positive boot to box seal and a much better air filter/cage to box seal.cheers