Tire Changing Stands

Does anyone have the MRP, Moose, or Pit Posse tire changing stands? If so how are they. Is there any diffrence between the 3?

I have had no problems with the MRP.

A good friend of mine has the Moose one and I think its pretty darn nice. Breaks down nice and small too.

Bumpp

I have the pit posse stand and it is worth the money. Tire changing is a lot easier with it.

MRP...cant be em. guy builds to order. awesome stands. its what all the pro teams and dunlop uses.

www.mikesracingproducts.com

Does anyone know if MRP is still in business ??????

You call but no one at MRP answers the phone and no one calls you back when you leave a message. No business address on website , no response to email questions and no one answers the phone, that really concerns me as a buyer.

Weird. I ordered one on March 15th and got it ~1-1.5 week later, IIRC. When I ordered one from them I also called and left a message about getting a UPS tracking number and they called me back.

Here is mine. It cost me about $3.00. It is a grease drum that I got from a truck service center. They gave it to me so that they did not have to pay to throw it away. They come with lube grease in them but they are lined with plastic so when they use up all the grease, you just pull the liner out and they are clean. The $3.00 cost was for a piece of fuel line that I purchased and then slit down the length and put on the edge of the drum to protect the wheel/spokes. It works great.

When I am not using it to change tires, I use it as a trash can in my shop. I just put a trash bag in it. If I need to change a tire I pull out the trash bag and throw it away, I change the tire(s), then put in a new trash bag. That way it is not just taking up space when I am not using it.

HPIM0340.jpg

HPIM0342.jpg

HPIM0344.jpg

HPIM0347.jpg

Genius!

You call but no one at MRP answers the phone and no one calls you back when you leave a message. No business address on website , no response to email questions and no one answers the phone, that really concerns me as a buyer.

My gut tells me that Mike (I'm guessing that's the owners name) doesn't rely on the stands for his living and therefore probably attends to his "real job" rather than sitting around taking/returning stand calls.

I have one and I've never looked back after spending the $ on it. I take it w/ me to the track and when I see pit dads (and 2 of their buddies) trying to wrestle a tire off their kid's bike, I'll set it up and give 'em a hand.

I have the Zip Ty one. Rest it on the floor, or workbench, and it makes things a breeze.

I have had the MRP Stand for many years now and it's great.

I also zip tied an old sport bottle with no lid on it to the stand to hold the tire changing irons.

www.mikesracingproducts.com

The barrel posted works good too - especially if you come accross one for FREE.

I have the one that Harborfreights sells. It works real good and I welded some 2 inch tubeing together and bolted a plte on the bottom of the changer so I could put it in my hitch on my truck to hold the changer real still.

Here it is

DSC01061.jpg

That would concern me as a buyer as well. It would concern me even more if I were a creditor. :thumbsup: N Edge

Here is mine. It cost me about $3.00. It is a grease drum that I got from a truck service center. They gave it to me so that they did not have to pay to throw it away. They come with lube grease in them but they are lined with plastic so when they use up all the grease, you just pull the liner out and they are clean. The $3.00 cost was for a piece of fuel line that I purchased and then slit down the length and put on the edge of the drum to protect the wheel/spokes. It works great.

When I am not using it to change tires, I use it as a trash can in my shop. I just put a trash bag in it. If I need to change a tire I pull out the trash bag and throw it away, I change the tire(s), then put in a new trash bag. That way it is not just taking up space when I am not using it.

HPIM0340.jpg

HPIM0342.jpg

HPIM0344.jpg

HPIM0347.jpg

Same Idea here.

DSC00048.jpg

Cost $4, and better than the MRP IMO...

IMG_3523.jpg

IMG_3514.jpg

I have tons of old rims laying around, I think I may make a nice stand out of one.

Cost $4, and better than the MRP IMO...

ok...you think that

I use a Radio Flyer wagon as my tire stand. Works great!!!