Single or Dual?

Right now i have a 2007 with stock dual exhaust. what would i have to do other than rejet if i was going to switch to a single aftermarket exhaust by say fmf or pro circuit? would it run as well since the bike was tuned to run with dual exhaust? probablys been answered a thousand times but ill ask again. thanks.

Right now i have a 2007 with stock dual exhaust. what would i have to do other than rejet if i was going to switch to a single aftermarket exhaust by say fmf or pro circuit? would it run as well since the bike was tuned to run with dual exhaust? probablys been answered a thousand times but ill ask again. thanks.

there are alot of threads on exhaust related questions.. but the answer to yours is, yes to get the best out of your exhaust you will have to rejet.. i would like to also say if you want a way better performing exhaust for the price and gaurantees look at MRD exhausts by Dave.. hes also a member on TT.. :p

don't switchto single because u gain nothing.. no hp increase...unless u just want a different sound.

I just ordered MRD Duals. Singles are cheaper to buy, maintan and replace.

Anybody know why like the "factory" teams like Geico, etc. have the duals, but i've seen singles on bikes from a lot of the other teams? Is it a price thing for the team? My friend has a conspiracy theory that the single is better, and that is why a lot of privateers run it, and that honda pays the top teams to run the dual pipes because the stock bike has them.

Sooooo..... Honda is using an exhaust that does not perform and is risking thier bikes not winning just so people do not replace them with aftermarket singles? You realize people do not buy replacment aftermarket duals from Honda? What exactly does Honda have to gain by this practice of paying teams to use a crappy part exactly?

Privateers run them becasue they are cheaper. Not all privateers run singles.

single is the way to go imo , duals look nice but have no power advantage over the single from what i have been told

Singles have no power advantage either. It is all in what you like. there is definitely marketing at work here though, duals look "cool". they do not hurt, just expensive and heavier.

I also i have a 2007 crf250r. i just bought Yosh RS3D's for it (duals). i read about a mounth or 2 ago in motocross action something about duals. basicly they said that the duals look good an all but there are not any advantages to them. they also said that with the stock duals are a lil bit lighter then a single but if you compare aftermarket duals to aftermarket singles, the singles are noticably light. and i can say thats true. my dual yosh pipes are for sure heavier then my stock pipes. however not enough to notice when im riding. (im a good and pretty fast rider). mine are stainless and aluminum. maybe a titanium would be closer in weight. but if i read that artical before i bought my exhaust i would probably have just bought the single.

Sooooo..... Honda is using an exhaust that does not perform and is risking thier bikes not winning just so people do not replace them with aftermarket singles? You realize people do not buy replacment aftermarket duals from Honda? What exactly does Honda have to gain by this practice of paying teams to use a crappy part exactly?

Im the conspiracy theorist. I belive it was tom morgan that said that single exhausts were better when he was working for white brothers. Id post proof but since white bros is now vance and hines the page with the info seems to not be there. anyways. why wouldnt the factory teams run duel pipes??? they have to prove that dual exhaust pipes are actually better. And if they in fact were better would you see a honda on the track with a single?

not to say my friend is right or anything about his theory, but honda has done some stupid things when it comes to racing. They've let go of numerous champions both in the dirt side and street side of racing.

Dang double post.

So a company who does not make duals says singles are better? :)

Are duals better? no.

Are singles better? no.

Does it make a difference?

Only to your wallet and sense of style.

People buy singles because they are half the price. Bot a bad strategy actually. If I had more brains than money I'd probably do that too.:banghead:

Look, I am not saying duals are better I am saying it makes no difference really. Singles are cheaper to buy, maintain and replace. THAT is a fact.

I'll go ahead and post FMF single and dual results and this is back when pipes were stupid loud, and a comparison between an MRD dual and CHM single on a 450 no less. I also have plots with PC pipes and other misc ones and guess what, they all show the same thing, no difference and in some cases the duals made 1/2 hp more not hat that makes any difference.

Seems your theory is just that. Fun to think about, but holds no water.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=317899

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=19189

So a company who does not make duals says singles are better? :)

Are duals better? no.

Are singles better? no.

Does it make a difference?

Only to your wallet and sense of style.

People buy singles because they are half the price. Bot a bad strategy actually. If I had more brains than money I'd probably do that too.:banghead:

Look, I am not saying duals are better I am saying it makes no difference really. Singles are cheaper to buy, maintain and replace. THAT is a fact.

I'll go ahead and post FMF single and dual results and this is back when pipes were stupid loud, and a comparison between an MRD dual and CHM single on a 450 no less. I also have plots with PC pipes and other misc ones and guess what, they all show the same thing, no difference and in some cases the duals made 1/2 hp more not hat that makes any difference.

Seems your theory is just that. Fun to think about, but holds no water.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=317899

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=19189

Ohh snap he done went and pulled out the dyno.lol

I think I just got served.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzG4fQnDKZo

And white bros did make duals.

And white bros did make duals.

Ahh, Ok well, now we know WB does not know how to make duals :banghead:

Actually if I were an exhaust vendor I would only make singles too. They are easier to sell.

MRD even tried real hard to talk me out of buying duals citing they are a lot of work to make and they do not really gain you anything.

Maybe so, maybe so, but they do not hurt and they are pretty nifty. me being shallow and pretentious, I like duals. :)