pro circuit clutch perch

Anyone had any good or bad experiences with a pro circuit perch? Thanks

I have had a Honda cr Pro Circuit perch kicking in the garage for years. Its my go to back up for anything else that breaks. The rubber cover its supplied with is a nightmare. It tears when you look at it and is not durable. The anodizing is not very durable and fades fast. I ended up polishing mine.

The perch does what it should, but its way too expensive for what it does. You still have to supply the lever.

The works connection unit is a better value. I am not so sure either of them are better than a stock perch with an asv or arc lever in them.

Skip it, there's cheaper alternatives. Take a look at pitposse.com

I have an ASV lever on there now. Mine's a bit scratched up.

P2030444.jpg

I have to second the Works Connection perch/lever. I had one for 3 years on my CRF and the thing had a bit of play in it but I sold it with the bike and it still worked perfectly. I couldn't even tell you how many crashes that thing sustained. The rubber was durable and the adjuster was great. After you bury it just take it apart and clean it- comes apart easy. I would do it for fun while waiting for wife to get ready- think I even did it in a tuxedo once- clean the perch that is:thumbsup:

Thanks for the info guys. I went ahead and bought the pc perch, a guy on ebay had one buy it now for $149, i offered 45 bucks and he counter offered for 70, couldnt pass that up

i have a pc perch. kinda junk if you ask me. ima buy a tuner 39 dollar special to replace it. thats cheaper than what pc wnats for the rebuild kit for there perch.

i have a pc perch. kinda junk if you ask me. ima buy a tuner 39 dollar special to replace it. thats cheaper than what pc wnats for the rebuild kit for there perch.

Thats funny! You were much more direct that what I said, but I agree. The pc perch might have been the ticket in 1998, but lever technology has come a long way since then.

Especially with asv's outlet store. You can get an asv lever and pro perch for around $30-40.

hey mx josh ive had a few stockers break on me and ive replaced hem with just a cheap tush 8 dollar lever for now but would it be worth it to buy the unbreakable levers(only) and put them on my stock perch? i race offroad and if happen to dump it or hit a tree hard they break.

Yes, I've had the same silver levers for 3 yrs now. Just bought another set. I won't run anything else. I can't say how many levers its saved me cause I don't think about it when I crash.

check ebay for seller "universal engineering." They sell levers only or levers w/perches.

Ive never understood the whole ASV lever deal, sure the lever does'nt break but your perch will. Just buy a works connection elite or pro perch and be done with it, no $60.00 asv lever needed. the 39 dollar specials don't come close, they are cheaper yes but the finish and feel is'nt up to par with the WC. Just my .02

My buddy got the ASV Pro perch w/lever in the C5 version for $30. Not sure how thats not quality fit and finish? Those deals are quite common. And the "refurbished" ones on ebay might as well be new...all 6 levers/perches received were perfect. The Pro perch comes with the plastic sleeve that allows the perch to spin. I've broken lots of stock levers and only 1 perch. If the lever moves, its less likely to put pressure on the perch.

I've had asvs and I actually broke one once. I also used to bend them all the time if i crashed. I now have the Works Connection Elite Perch and love it. The lever is extremely durable and the rotating clamp works great. I also move my levers in ---> so that they don't stick out over the ends of my handle bars and that seems to help a lot too:thumbsup:

okay okay, this will solve all problems with broken/bent levers and perchs...Don't FALL, or buy yourself a nice set of Cycra handgaurds!:p

well your guys reviews were spot on with the pc perch, nothing spectacular but an ok upgrade..i ripped the boot putting it on, guess ill have to go without. :p anyway when i tighten the nut on the bottom of the lever it makes the lever stick when you pull it in basically..the nut has to be pretty much finger tight for the lever to have natural action...any ideas?

I really like the works connection. The only downside is you have to use there $20 levers.

well your guys reviews were spot on with the pc perch, nothing spectacular but an ok upgrade..i ripped the boot putting it on, guess ill have to go without. :p anyway when i tighten the nut on the bottom of the lever it makes the lever stick when you pull it in basically..the nut has to be pretty much finger tight for the lever to have natural action...any ideas?

did you use grease on the lever and lever bolt??

I really like the works connection. The only downside is you have to use there $20 levers.

but the levers have the sweet ball bearings in them!:p

u still shift gear with this clutch right u just don't have to pull in the clutch to do so, but there's a clutch over ride if u want to feather the clutch?

ya there kinda pricey. id just get somthin else