Sign in to follow this  

FMF stealth on RM250

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

I like it. There was not alot of affect on power. It's very quiet.

Wow congrats , That thing looks so Awesome ,Is it really really Quiet compared to the Titanium 2 ? What year is that RM ?

It's a 2003. I started with a Bill's shortie (very loud), then the Ti 2. The Ti 2 sounds similar to stock. The stealth is quieter than a stock kdx200.

I like the look of that alot:thumbsup: did it hurt the jetting at all and what did it run you, did it bolt right up.....looks sweet

I haven't done anything with the jetting yet, but it's close. (158 main, 42 pilot, 48 power, second clip on needle) the temprature has been between 25-70 here lately.

$148 at my local shop, and bolted in with no problem.

Stock is like 175/50 or something high like that...... Your jetting seems a good bit leaner than mine, I too have some experimenting to do.

wow that looks really nice! wish they made something like that for my 99

Ok my question is, ive been looking on all the web sites for this thing but no1 lists a part # for an 02 rm250 did they just make these for 03 and up. 2nd question is arent the rear side #plates the same so the bolt mounts should line up any1 out there know cause ive run 03 #plates on my 02 b4

I plan on getting this for my rm125 of course with some modifications. I was wondering if it has a sparky on it?

I've got the original FMF Q on my RM.... it seems loud at idle and low RPM's, then gets quiet (like it's tuned to meet the sound test at a certain RPM). Is the Stealth any different, or just new name and sticker?... the endcap looks like a new design.

i put the stealth on my '06 RM250 which replaced the stock silencer. It is definitely much quieter than stock, but you still hear alot of noise from the open airbox and the thin stock pipe. It is no where near as quiet as my '02 KDX220 with its airbox lid in place. If i took off the airbox lid of my KDX, then they are similar in noise. I did not notice ANY negative impact on the power.

• Like 1

Everyone keeps saying no decrease in power, but I was kind of hoping with addition being U.F.S.S. approved it would give the bike a smoother more off-road spread.

You hear alot of airbox noise when your on the bike, but from 10' away you dont hear the airbox as much. That's where the sound difference is more noticible to me.

I was happy with the power delivery before the stealth, and have no complaints now. (10 o.z. FWW)

i put the stealth on my '06 RM250 which replaced the stock silencer. It is definitely much quieter than stock, but you still hear alot of noise from the open airbox and the thin stock pipe. It is no where near as quiet as my '02 KDX220 with its airbox lid in place. If i took off the airbox lid of my KDX, then they are similar in noise. I did not notice ANY negative impact on the power.

Finally. Someone logical (not that the other posts aren't) who chimes in on this silencer. The marketing and reviews make you think that your bike will sound like a factory dual sport or something. That's not the case at all. It would be cool if someone did a comparison with a video of a RM YZ CR KX rippin' through the woods with the first run having the Q stealth installed and the second run having the dbsnorkle installed. :) FMF could do this and it would sell their product better. WT:censored: already FMF?? :banghead: :banghead:

• Like 1