Hotcams and BB piston on a WR250f

Hey I am kinda new to this post a thread thing but I had a question. I took my bike to a local tuner and told him I wanted something to get a bit more bang from my 250 he recommended the stage II hotcams intake and exhaust, je BB piston (262), he said I could go bigger but I dont want to sacrifice to much on the driveabilty and of the stock motor. The tuner also said that he would do a full dyno tune and clean up the head for me. If anyone has a similar setup and can recommend or offer some differnt advice that would be great.:p

I also forgot to mention my bike has all the free mods, Qs2 from Boysen, mega bomb header and q4 fmf pipe on it.

If your not racing in a class where your bike needs to be a 250cc bike, then you can definitely go for a 262cc big bore kit. But, if your spending the $400 or so to get the 262cc, why not just go to a 290 cc kit for the same price?

If your not racing in a class where your bike needs to be a 250cc bike, then you can definitely go for a 262cc big bore kit. But, if your spending the $400 or so to get the 262cc, why not just go to a 290 cc kit for the same price?

Does that stretch the limit of the bore, I know that in cars you should only bore it out so far other wise you have reliablity problems. I just dont know al that much about what is "too much."

give jesse from williamsmotowerx a call first, he could proubly get you all the power you need with his head work and cams.

Does that stretch the limit of the bore, I know that in cars you should only bore it out so far other wise you have reliablity problems. I just dont know al that much about what is "too much."

Well, any type of horsepower modification that results in an increase will decrease reliability. But between a 262 and a 290 I would not know which is more reliable since there is no hard facts saying which one is more reliable over the other. The 262 is a bored out 249cc cylinder, so the cylinder walls are a millimeter thinner, where as the 290 cc kit is a whole new cylinder designed to handle the larger bore piston, so it's not just a bored out cylinder.