suspension work station

Hopefully there is an image or a link here. I'm sure someone will tell me if it does not display

Fork-Service-and-revalve

I had a good look around 2 years ago and built 4 benches, one is pictured. They are based on an Ohlins design. The lower vyce is for holding axle feet when you are installing/removing springs and setting oil height on non twin chamber forks.

Nick

Go check out KTMtalk.com and search the suspension forum. There are some very nice work bench pictures over there..

Personally a kitchen sink (single or duial sump) plus a piece of laminet counter top would make a great working surface and parts wash area..

Personally a kitchen sink (single or duial sump) plus a piece of laminet counter top would make a great working surface and parts wash area..

Hmm, this is the set up I've been using for years. I use a stainless steel one and place a 5 gal fuel jug underneath for drainage. I mount my vise on to a bakers pan that hangs over the sink. I then drill holes in the pan for drainage into the sink. This way when things get messy, the oil pours out into the pan, not the workbench. Also, I get 4 2 inch dowels that I mount in the holes designed for the faucet so I can put the fork tubes or shock bodies at a verticle angle so they drain properly. I have my parts washer right next to this setup for easy transfer from the vise to there and vise versa. I use this in both my shop and my trailer. Cheap, simple and effective.

thanks for the input! I was thinking of doing expanded metal for 2/3 of the work surface and mounting a sink undernenth, with the same drain system into a 5 gal bucket. The only thing i am concernered with is the solvent used to clean. I like to make sure everything is spotless so i would like to get a solvent tank worked in. My dilemma is how to incorperate the wash station into the "drying area" Any ideas will be appreciated.

Jakobcic