84/87 xr250r parts compatability.

how many parts will interchange between the two?

i can get an 84 xr250r for $200 is it worth getting it for parts?

will my 87 motor bolt in the 84 frame?

Go to bikebandit.com and compare part numbers.

how many parts will interchange between the two?

i can get an 84 xr250r for $200 is it worth getting it for parts?

will my 87 motor bolt in the 84 frame?

I'm sure the motor will bolt right up, don't think they ever changed. They DID have the dual carb setup for a few years around 84ish, so the intake setup might be different.

I had an 87 chassis with an 84 motor in it, just bolted in. Use an air boot to match the carb(s). 84 and 85 had dual carbs and were a bit tough to service but not impossible, I serviced the carbs by unbolting the manifolds from the head and undoing the air boot, then sliding the assembly out the left side. I liked the throttle response on the dual carb engines.

I have an '87 XR250R rolling chassis. I need a engine for it. does anyone have what I need? I have a 2001 XR200R that I rebuilt a blown rod in. I will have pics of it in the 80-200 forum soon. The rear shock is blown on the 200 though. I heard 84-85 XR250R rear shock will work for it. Any one have these things laying around? PM me please

Measure the center to center lenght of 87 shock and post the results, it helps the knowledge base.

The early XR200R shock and the 84-85 XR250R shock are 13" c-c. The 87 XR250 front end is a bolt on and gives you a front disc. The XR250 rear wheel with tire weighs 30lbs so I suggest staying with the 200 rear wheel.