Relocated turn signals

After I installed the monster Acerbis tank, I had to relocate the signals. I knew I would have to, so this is what I did. Drill a 5/16" hole to run the wirtes through:

Lights006.jpg

Then mount the new LED light you got at Wal-Mart for $7.00:

Lights007.jpg

Now wire the new light into the sockets you unplugged the OEM one from, and don't forget to go to the autoparts store, in my case Schucks, spend $6.00 and pick up this flasher or a similar unit to run the LED lights:

Lights016.jpg

And now we have nicely relocated, out of the way turn signals that have a lamp life of 100,000 hours all for under $20.00 pretty damn cool in my opinion:

Lights008.jpg

Lights011.jpg

I like it !:p What did you do with the wires in the back?

After i wrapped them up with the spiral wrap it holds them down against the inside of the gaurd and out of the way. worked out pretty good. If it gets in the way or poses a problem I'll just glue it down with super glue.

Looks good and a great idea. :p

Looks good! :p

I did something similar on mine. It's a bad pic, but you get the idea.

CIMG0040.jpg

And here's the rear...another bad pic.:ride:

CIMG0041.jpg

Ok got some questions for you all about this relocation. I bought the same markers from Wal-mart but I put the front and rear on mine. I also went to a different flasher and I think that might be my problem not sure but when I turn the signals on to either side all of the lights come on and stay solidly lit they don't flash. But I hooked up the old front signals with the new rear ones and it works like a charm. I'm thinking it may be the flasher not getting enough load on it with all the leds and it stays constant and with the old fronts it is getting enough to work. Not sure need some help because I really like these but can't run them not working. Thanks.

Make sure the wires are attached right. It sounds like you have a ground wire crossed. But also make sure the flasher is the electronic kind. When I first put my signals on, when I would turn them on they would just stay on and not flash. After I switched out the flasher everything was right.

Looks good!:p

I went with some cheapy flush-mounts from ePay after I broke mine a couple of times. After several (many) drops, I have yet to break the new small ones.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=63370

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=63371

Hey Bazetech I put the white wires from the signals to the green wires which I assume to be the ground and the red and yellow wires with the blue on the right side and the orange on the left side of the bike. I even switched out the wires and wired them up the other way around and got nothing from the lights so I think I have the lights hooked up right. I don't know what to do next.

Hey jon I noticed that you have leds on both front and rear of your bike. How did you wire yours up and what flasher are you using. Thanks man.

Hey jon I noticed that you have leds on both front and rear of your bike. How did you wire yours up and what flasher are you using. Thanks man.

I don't know if they're LEDs or not, they were only about $12 a pair on eBay. However I did have to switch my flasher to a Tridon #552 available from any auto shop.

Super2 you need an LED specific flasher form any auto parts store or ebay. It will say "works with LED's" on the box.

Thanks man I will try and get one this evening. I hope that will fix it. Getting frustrated. Thanks again. I did buy a 536 but I guess I need a 552. What is the difference in the two?

Thanks man I will try and get one this evening. I hope that will fix it. Getting frustrated. Thanks again. I did buy a 536 but I guess I need a 552. What is the difference in the two?

Beats me :p

Thats how I wired mine up, white to green and yellow to the hot. I would get the 552 flasher. customled.com has flashers also but they are alot more.