Overnight ride and camp

Anyone interested in going on an camp/ride before it gets too hot. I have a few guys at work that want to do it so I figured I would throw it out there.

Where?

That I havent figured out yet. Looking for suggestions

Are you looking at loading gear on your bike and riding out? or camp/stage somewhere and ride? Curious minds want to know....

i like to go up north to camp/ride in the sumer when its too hot down here.

If I had a DS I would haul all my stuff on the bike and camp/ride. but since I dont I was thinking of finding a good riding area where you could camp also. Maybe do a whole weekend or just an overnight.

new mexico is always a fun place! i think where going in like 3 weeks or so. sometime over spring break.

I'm up for some Flagstaff camp and ride once the snow melts off.

I'm up for some Flagstaff camp and ride once the snow melts off.

Yea, me too! Had fun last year but need to be with someone who's more familiar with the trails than me.

Yea, me too! Had fun last year but need to be with someone who's more familiar with the trails than me.

Cinders!!!!!!!!! Memorial Weekend.

Was he using a paddle tire on that climb? It didn't look like it? It looks like that dirt would eat up a paddle tire easy? 450 or 250?

Was he using a paddle tire on that climb? It didn't look like it? It looks like that dirt would eat up a paddle tire easy? 450 or 250?

Yes on the paddle. Very little dirt up there...it's all cinders and it eats the shit out of a paddle tire. 250 :p ...he goes up it in 3rd gear all the way on my 450. :moon::ride: The key is to carry your speed through the whoops and then know when to shift........or at least have the ponies and cajones to go up it. Pretty sure hi_im_sean took my bike up it.

Yes on the paddle. Very little dirt up there...it's all cinders and it eats the shit out of a paddle tire. 250 :p ...he goes up it in 3rd gear all the way on my 450. :moon::ride: The key is to carry your speed through the whoops and then know when to shift........or at least have the ponies and cajones to go up it. Pretty sure hi_im_sean took my bike up it.

my drz400 with rs-3 and the 39mm pumper and proper gearing would not make it, started in 3rd was down to 1rst and had to turn around a little after half way. i took exmlb's 450r all the way up in 3rd, front wheel was coming up at the top

I was at the Dunes last month at comp hill and was pulling a wheelie up it on the last 1/4 of the hill in 3rd gear. Fun stuff! Cinders and the surrounding trails sounds fun but I don't know about waisting a paddle tire?

Flag sounds fun, but agree we need to have someone familiar with trails to lead.

I know the peaks loop! Last time we did a camp ride on that we started with 12 riders and 3 finished.

I know the peaks loop! Last time we did a camp ride on that we started with 12 riders and 3 finished.

...but what happened to the other 9 riders & which group did you fall into???:p

why did they not finish?

can anyone map the peaks loop?

thank you kindly:thumbsup:

I have the loop we did on my GPS. CTR has a copy on their web site too.

I was a finisher. Most bailed out due to rainy cold weather. Sad part is right after they broke off the sun came out and the rest of the ride was awesome. Ken bailed out with a dented pipe on the 2t. Another guy bailed out early in with jetting issues making the bike hard to ride in the technical ST.

Well Im up for whatever. I would just like to get away and hang out with some good folks and ride and swap stories and such, maybe drink a few cold ones :p