Gaerne Boots

I'm trying to decide which ones to get. What is the difference between the Cypher and the GX-1? Which is the better boot? Are the Fastbacks worth the extra money?

Gaerne GX-1

Gaerne Cypher

Gaerne Fastback

my dad has the cyphers, they usually end up on my feet :p very comfortable. well to me atleast coming off a 10 year old fox boot.

Fastbacks!!! I paid $225 for mine about 10 months ago and they have been amazing...i dont honestly think there is a better boot in the world for the $225 i spent on them...or even $300 for that matter, IMO they are twice the boot my A-stars tech 6's were (and i thought the T-6's were sweet)...Im a Gaerne boot guy for life now

I have heard good things about the Cypher, but why skimp on something as protective/comfortable as boots need to be

I don't have the Fastbacks but MXA seems to be a big fan of them!

^^ they are pretty amazing for the $$$

Has anyone here bought from these people? Have you seen a better price anywhere else?

Gaerne Fastback

no...i searched everywhere for mine...thats the best price i could find when i got them...you might be able to find them a little cheaper now though

There are a few stores that have them in the $230 range with free shipping.

Are the Fastbacks that much better? I can get Cyphers for $135.

Hey, I just ordered a pair of SG-12 and wondering what size would fit best. I'm a size 11 in most shoes and sneakers but size 10 in Timberland boots. I didn't see any 1/2 sizes so does anyone have suggestion? Thanks

I wear a 9.5 in shoes. I emailed a few retailers to ask what I should order and I'm waiting for them to respond.

i have the fastbacks, and i wear as size 12 sneaker and thats what fit in the boots too

however they do hurt me a bit around the ankle for some reason after wearing them for the 1st time even tho everyone said they need NO break in time. Im sure they will get more comfy

^ thats odd... I felt like mine were broken in from day one...The pivoting ankle is pretty sweeet.....But the cyphers may be a good boot too, i have never worn them...Find a dealer and try on a pair of the fastbacks and you'll see what i mean

I bought the Cyphers when they were on sale for $99 (bought two pairs.) Been a fantastic boot (even at $135 it'd be a good buy.) Fit true to size. Came out of the box pretty comfy. I had the top buckle break off. All the rest of the buckles are holding up just fine.

A friend of mine had this happen too. He contacted the folks he bought them through (Rocky Mountain I think?) and they sent him replacment parts free. I didn't bother. The velcro is so strong up top, I don't need the top buckles (but that's just me.)

I recently purchased a pair of sg12's. I'm a size 10 in most shoes and that is the size boot i bought. They fit perfectly.

Hey, I just ordered a pair of SG-12 and wondering what size would fit best. I'm a size 11 in most shoes and sneakers but size 10 in Timberland boots. I didn't see any 1/2 sizes so does anyone have suggestion? Thanks

the GX-1's run about a half size big. i just ordered some from motorcycle suprestore they were 170 with free shipping. i cant wait till i get em wednesday:)

i got some sg10's in the summer and they are great boots, i love them, and i really like the pivot spot they have, it really lets ya move, and my steel toe is still there after half a year riding, kicking rocks and everything

i am right around size 10 and i got 10 and they fit with a tad bit of room but only noticeable hen i hit a rock and my toes get smashed up front hah

usually the more exp ones feel much better

I'm a 9.5 in shoes. I have SG-10's in a 10. Wear motocross socks

I'm pretty sure the GX-1 is just a new version of the Cypher. I got my Cyphers for something like $130 and I couldn't be happier. For the price they are very comfy and fit my feet well. They also are slim and sleek so they don't get in the way. My buddy bought a pair of Oneal boots and they are TANKS. Very bulky and in the way of everything, not a problem with Gaerne.

sg10s

Good deal? These are 15 minutes from my work.

Sidi Flex Force