08 or 09 front fender on older rmz450

Anyone put newer rmz front fender and number plate on a older rmz450? I was thinking about trying them on my 06. If so do you have any pics?

I think you'd have to change the triple clamps as well. The front mounting bolts are at an angle.

ya ive seen pics of the mounting but someone on here said they put one on a 2008 rmz250, and it has the same mounting as the 06 rmz450. I was hoping I could get some pics of one to see what it looked like. He said that two holes had to be drilled in fender.

I have an 08 250f and an 08 450 and the 250 has the 05-07 type fender and number plate, the sheriff is right the forward bolts on the 08 450 are at an angle and therefore you will have to change the lower clamp, i also wondered about this and found that a KTM is similar so if you could find a set of yellow KTM plastics you are sorted. Hope this helps

Do you have access to a 08 fender ? Just bolt one to your bike with the back bolts only to see if it's gonna look ok and if the plate lines up alright. If it does, just lay your old fender over it, match up the back holes and mark through to see where you need to drill the new ones(might have to shift it forward a bit). A new Cycra front is only 25 bucks at Cycle Gear, so if it doesn't work, take it back and tell them you got the wrong year,good luck.

Do you have access to a 08 fender ? Just bolt one to your bike with the back bolts only to see if it's gonna look ok and if the plate lines up alright. If it does, just lay your old fender over it, match up the back holes and mark through to see where you need to drill the new ones(might have to shift it forward a bit). A new Cycra front is only 25 bucks at Cycle Gear, so if it doesn't work, take it back and tell them you got the wrong year,good luck.

With only two bolts on the rear of the fender it will snap off at the first sign of heavy mud. The bolts are not on the same plane as the front of the clamp is angled up not just the holes in an odd configuration.

With only two bolts on the rear of the fender it will snap off at the first sign of heavy mud. The bolts are not on the same plane as the front of the clamp is angled up not just the holes in an odd configuration.

Read much ????????? I didn't say RIDE the bike with only 2 bolts attached, the fender is flat right before it angles up for the 2 stock mounting holes. It could be drilled behind the 2 angled bolts if it lines up. I know what a fender from an 08 looks like, I look at one every f***ing day.

If this helps any...

DSC_0006_edited.jpg

Hey thanks everyone for the help. I just ordered the parts and if I get it to work ill post pics.

Read much ????????? I didn't say RIDE the bike with only 2 bolts attached, the fender is flat right before it angles up for the 2 stock mounting holes. It could be drilled behind the 2 angled bolts if it lines up. I know what a fender from an 08 looks like, I look at one every f***ing day.

Take it easy tiger.

It's not flat on the stock part!!!!!!!

Yeah, I have an 05' and have been wondering if I could use the new front number plate and fender. Does anyone know if the trees would work with 05' forks?

The 05 and 06 are the same so Ill let you know by the end of the week. I have the parts on the way.

Parts came in today and mounted right on no problems at all. I will get pics on here but it was to late today, I didnt get home from work untill midnight. I would strongly suggest this mod to anyone with a older rmz. It was the best $45 I spent on the whole bike. I have a 06 rmz450 with 07 shrouds and 09 fender and number plate and it looks great.

dertwheels what did you order to get the 09 fender on? Just the fender itself or did you have to buy additional parts? It was the 09 450 fender right? Got a 06 450 and would like to do the same thing. Thanks

You can make a 450 09/09 frontfender fit to a 250 or older 450 model.

You need the 450 frontfender and the front numberplate.

The 2 holes in front of the 450 new style fender wil just fit properly over the holes (lower clamp) where the original frontnumberplate hook up normaly.

You only need to drill 2 holes into the new style fender to make it fit and use longer bolts and rigid rings.

I've it one my rmz 250 08.

On my 250 i also cut the almost vertical piece of plastic out of the radiatorshrouds.

I've pics but posting is a problem, i can mail pics of the mods if you send me your e-mail adress!

Hey thanks everyone for the help. I just ordered the parts and if I get it to work ill post pics.

Here are the pics of Dertwheels bike with the 07 shrouds and 09 fender/number plate. Mine are already on order!! This bike looks awesome!!:p Thanks Dertwheels

fender_1.jpg

fender_2.jpg

fender_3.jpg

fender_4.jpg

fender_5.jpg

fender_6.jpg

Looks good. Any pictures showing the mounting bolts?

Looks good. Any pictures showing the mounting bolts?

Yeah, I wanted to see that too. I'm getting my fender and plate this weekend. I'll take some pics of my bike (and mounting bolts) and post em up.

oH mAn!!! i can't wait to see you mods brancrackah... i gOt '07 rmz 450

I just finished mounting mine, sorry it took so long. I also replaced my shock and fork springs while I was at it. It's a little bit tough just because where you need to drill the front holes isn't really even. Anyways, here it is :) ....

DSC_1957.jpg

DSC_1958.jpg

DSC_1961.jpg

DSC_1959.jpg