Oil Filter Cover (gasket)

went riding today and realized i had an oil leak noticed it was coming from the oil filter cover noticed a little black chunk (gasket material) hanging out of the bottom of the cover topped it off and kept riding the rest of the day........

Q: can i just go to advanced auto and get the same sized o-ring i mean an o-rings an o-ring right?????? (gotta be)

If you can find the right size yes it will work.

figured thanks now its just the hunt for the 0-ring im gonna go to advanced auto and a couple of other auto parts stores........i might even have one at work......

I did the same thing :p I could'nt find an O-Ring that matched the OEM size so I went to Motosport and ordered it from their OEM parts link :ride: .

Dg636

I did the same thing :p I could'nt find an O-Ring that matched the OEM size so I went to Motosport and ordered it from their OEM parts link :ride: .

Dg636

so i went to advanced auto they didnt have it, orielly autoparts didnt have it, lowes didnt have it so i tried last the home depot and they had it just go to there plumbing section and look arnd until you find a little kit for 5 bucks it comes with three of the o-rings and a couple of other little trinkets you dont need but its worth it for 3 of the o-rings.......... i put it on y bike filled her up with oil and then kicked it over and no more leakage .............thank god now i can go riding fri.,