Sign in to follow this  

HELP DEsPERATELY NEEDED :(

Ok so my crank bearings went bang and the cam caps cracked in half!

No body in australia can sell them seperately, the best i have found is a 2nd hand cylinder head for 600$ which I don't have.

The bike is an 06 TE450. I am really hoping there is someone out there that can help me get back out on the tracks?!

Thanks

Ben

Nobody can sell you some new bearings and cam caps? ***?? Dont panic dude will find you those parts!!:p

Nobody can sell you some new bearings and cam caps? ***?? Dont panic dude will find you those parts!!:p

My mate is a mechanic and he told me he couldn't source them. I said if that is te case push my bike aside and i will take up surfing.

:ride::moon: :moon: to you if you can help me!

Give Hall's a call on Tuesday. They had some billet ones made for the race bikes.

I don't know who Hall's are plus I live in Australia! Do you think maybe you could make the phone call for me and get back with a price?

Ben

I don't know who Hall's are plus I live in Australia! Do you think maybe you could make the phone call for me and get back with a price?

Ben

http://www.halls-cycles.com/

seriously dude!!! i googled "halls husqvarna" and it was the first choice. they have e-mail if you're too tight to pay and too lazy to get up early to ring them. i'm in australia but the net makes everything and everyone almost next door, if things are as grim as you're saying maybe you should try a bit harder?

paul.

http://www.halls-cycles.com/

seriously dude!!! i googled "halls husqvarna" and it was the first choice. they have e-mail if you're too tight to pay and too lazy to get up early to ring them. i'm in australia but the net makes everything and everyone almost next door, if things are as grim as you're saying maybe you should try a bit harder?

paul.

paul i think you have taken my previous post out of context... your wrote back saying to contact HALLS which I've never even heard of and assumed were in america.

anyhow thanks for the heads up, will google them now, have emailed and phoned over 10 different dealers/wreckers with no luck :p

just how hard should I try?

paul i think you have taken my previous post out of context... your wrote back saying to contact HALLS which I've never even heard of and assumed were in america.

anyhow thanks for the heads up, will google them now, have emailed and phoned over 10 different dealers/wreckers with no luck :p

just how hard should I try?

fair cop i suppose, but i'd never heard of halls either and googled it very easily. they are in the U.S but you can always e-mail them, i understand it's frustrating not being able to get what you need but asking other members to chase up stuff is a bit cheeky. just my .02c though.

have you tried

http://www.husky.com.au/ that's r&d and they would be your best bet here in oz, otherwise

http://www.fullthrottlemotorcycles.com.au/ these guys have been very helpful as well.

good luck,

paul.

I have tried all the above mentioned links with no luck

I have found a guy down south who said the cam caps are a matched part to the cylinder head therefore they are not sold individually.

It loooks like I will be sending my cylinder head down to him and he will be seeing if he can match up anything for me! Fingers crossed

Ben

Wow I cant find anything either other then whole new cylinder heads...Maybe you could take the head to a machine shop and they could custom machine new cam bridges???

Wow I cant find anything either other then whole new cylinder heads...Maybe you could take the head to a machine shop and they could custom machine new cam bridges???

Yep apparently they are a matched item to the cylinder head... I've found a machiner down south who has offered to make them for me :moon::lol::p

pity bout all the other parts I have to buy :p:ride::moon:

I beleive the cam bearing caps are matched with the head, ruin the caps and you replace head! I know how to do it but not on the cheap

Ok so my crank bearings went bang and the cam caps cracked in half!

No body in australia can sell them seperately, the best i have found is a 2nd hand cylinder head for 600$ which I don't have.

The bike is an 06 TE450. I am really hoping there is someone out there that can help me get back out on the tracks?!

Thanks

Ben