Sign in to follow this  

TM Racing is in the Supercross Series

Just got back from Indianapolis Supercross, and wanted to tell ya'll that there are two TM 450's competing. They didn't do well, but they were there. When I first saw them I thought somebody had put some bright blue on a couple Suzuki's. Remember in 06 when Yamaha had yellow and black?

In any event, I am just waiting to see a Husky out there in SX. :p

Yeah I doubt TMs are even homologated for AMA competition . Im likin those blue Suzukis though :p

Thats the sickest blue suzuki ever.

Definitely ... But they would look even better with black rims imo .

why wouldnt the tms not be homologated to race in the usa?

is it because you never heard of them?

there are plenty of tms in the rest of the world racing

because there is a process for each of the AMA series,,,it is written in the rule books for each series. The manufacturer needs to comply pre-season and complete the requirements. ex. for AMA super moto Husqvarna is good to go,,,,for AMA MX no-go, SX no-go.

why wouldnt the tms not be homologated to race in the usa?

is it because you never heard of them?

there are plenty of tms in the rest of the world racing

Because TM does not import sufficient numbers of bikes. They can apply all they want, but can't attain the minimum import nubmers, which are model specific. This only applies to AMA pro racing, amature racing is not an issue.

Was it an "import rule" (number of machines imported) or a "production rule" (number of machines built) ?

Was it an "import rule" (number of machines imported) or a "production rule" (number of machines built) ?

import

It's a lame excuse regardless. The AMA didn't seem to give a darn when Harley was racing the XR750 in Mile racing and you couldn't get one if your life depended on it. They were sure fast to change rules when Honda started winning on a production based 750. I'm planning on buying a new TM300 after I get my da$#@d taxes paid.:p I'm getting ready for the Daytona race tonight. I have booze, junk food and a new Vforce reed I'm slapping on my little YZ125 during the boring stuff.

Craigus