p.c shock linkage versus shock revalve

completely stock 2007 kx450f, i was wondering which way would be better to go buying the p.c shock linkage or just having my shock revalved? also would the same results be possible? thanks for anyones participation

I currently have an 07 kx450f and have the pro circuit linkage on. I sent my suspension off to factory connection this past week and asked them would they recommend I keep it on or put the stock linkage back on...they recommend I keep the pc linkage on if I wanted the bike to sit a little lower. (Which I do since I am only 5'7-8") However, they said the suspension with the revalve would work equally the same with or without the pc linkage.

About the 07 linkage and 06 to 08 generally, can someone clarify the diffs?

I have an 06, but not ridden an 07 or 08. I'd consider my 06 spring to feel soft at first, and the sag setting seems hyper sensitive. But my 06 rear is near impossible to bottom out (with me on it). It can buck hard on full fast rebound if not ready for it, but not a big problem with good valving and technique.

If I recall right, and read right, I believe the revised 07 linkage makes the spring rate feel firmer initially, and then it softens (relatively) lower in the stroke. I'm guessing Kawi did that to help cornering, and also settle the rebound action, as a result of testing. Maybe Kawi went from one extreme to the other.

In the 08, I think Kawi went back to a linkage ratio more like the 06 or somewhere inbetween. In guessing a PC link is also more conventional.

OK, so what's right and wrong above?

My knowledge on buying just the Pro Circuit link: I know that the 08 stock link will work the same as the Pro Circuit link on the 2006-2007. If you buy a Pro Circuit link for a 2006-2007, it will only work as BLING on the 2008. Just some quick "buying" advide for others too....?

My knowledge on buying just the Pro Circuit link: I know that the 08 stock link will work the same as the Pro Circuit link on the 2006-2007. If you buy a Pro Circuit link for a 2006-2007, it will only work as BLING on the 2008. Just some quick "buying" advide for others too....?

Not quite there. The 07 and 08 are the same, and they are also the same dimension as the original PC link that came out for the 06(Kawi copied PC's link for the 07 and the linkage for 08 did not change, only valving). PC came out with a different one for the 07-08. If you do go to a PC link for your correct year model you still need it revalved to work right with the link.

Not quite there. The 07 and 08 are the same, and they are also the same dimension as the original PC link that came out for the 06(Kawi copied PC's link for the 07 and the linkage for 08 did not change, only valving). PC came out with a different one for the 07-08. If you do go to a PC link for your correct year model you still need it revalved to work right with the link.

Mk gotcha thanks for the updated info:thumbsup: :? cheers::ride:

• 4 weeks later...

I purchased a link, more for height reasons since the bike already has a revalve but if it makes an impovement all the better. Does anyone know what adjustments I need to make once I install the link?

Fork height? (its currently 8mm raised)

clicker settings etc etc

I know there are some changes ur are to make to compensate?

I purchased a link, more for height reasons since the bike already has a revalve but if it makes an impovement all the better. Does anyone know what adjustments I need to make once I install the link?

Fork height? (its currently 8mm raised)

clicker settings etc etc

I know there are some changes ur are to make to compensate?

I found 8mm up to 9.5mm to be terrible. I would have to ride up on the gas tank for it to corner well. Moved it up to 12mm and all was well.

I have an 06, but not ridden an 07 or 08. I'd consider my 06 spring to feel soft at first, and the sag setting seems hyper sensitive. But my 06 rear is near impossible to bottom out (with me on it). It can buck hard on full fast rebound if not ready for it, but not a big problem with good valving and technique.

Numroe, What sag are you running? The back still seems to be harsh (my rebound is at 7 now) on mine.

Numroe, What sag are you running? The back still seems to be harsh (my rebound is at 7 now) on mine.
My sag is at 99mm. Fork caps at 12mm up. I would not think rider sag will effect how harsh the rear feels. Not within the normal range of adjustment (which is like 98 to 102mm).

Not much point comparing clickers with different valving.

My sag is at 99mm. Fork caps at 12mm up. I would not think rider sag will effect how harsh the rear feels. Not within the normal range of adjustment (which is like 98 to 102mm).

Not much point comparing clickers with different valving.

Thanks. I'll think I need to reset the back to stock and play with clickers some more. I already had the spring changed for my weight.

I had my sag set at 98, and the bike felt awful moved it to 103 (this is before the pro circuit link) and it made all the difference in the world. The bike kept standing up or diving in corners and bouncing all over, setting the sag at 103 softened the back end a little making the bike much more managable and far less harsh to corner and ride in general.

It's not easy. Rear sag is one variable. Then there is front sag, and preload. And spring rates and fork oil volume. Then there is the rear linkage, and fork height in the clamps. Then the dynamic ride height variations caused by the dampers (valving and clickers), and also how we ride (weight, throttle and braking). And of course different corners will do different things. I almost forgot about steering trail (triple clamp offset) and where we put our bars. Oh yeah plus wheelbase and tires for the terrain.

And unless we get to ride at the same place all the time, we probably will chase the ideal settings because we will have limited or near zero setup time and/or no one to watch or video us while we ride.

A bit negative by me I suppose. I think the tricks are to, try not to change too much in one go, try to use standard adjustment ranges, try find your base settings, and ride as often as you can. Some luck sure can help, and a good suspension tuner can do wonders.

I had my sag set at 98, and the bike felt awful moved it to 103 (this is before the pro circuit link) and it made all the difference in the world. The bike kept standing up or diving in corners and bouncing all over, setting the sag at 103 softened the back end a little making the bike much more managable and far less harsh to corner and ride in general.

couldn't agree woth u more but at 5'7 the sag set at 98 wasn't at all comfortable and and but I'm well aware its far more complicated then that
True. Correct sag has absolutely nothing to do with the length of your legs.