The DRZ goes to Moonrocks Ride Report!

I got up at 430am Sat morning and drove an hour and a half away to meet up with Zman13 and KTMDestroyer for a Moonrocks desert trip. From Rocklin we headed for Pyramid Lake and made it by around 1015am. Out on the trails by 1030am. It was previously mentioned to me that all the lower trails are wooped out to hell. That is no joke! Deep sections of woops that go for hundreds of yards with no break. With that being determined, we headed for higher ground to find the nice ST. The first big hill climb gave me some trouble and had to make a few attemps at it. Finally gave up and went around on a alt. trail. Get to the top and the great ST comes to play. Nice soil, great weather, and some really cool and technical challenges. So, we played around on the top of the Northern mountain and finally reached some snow. KTMDestroyer goes down a 400 ft. section of trail or should I say slides down, only to realize that there is a lot of snow and we are on goat trails by this point. So he tries to climb back up the trail and does not make it. Then he tries to side hill the bike over to us and he's about 150 below the trail. Needless to say there was a lot of pushing a pulling to get him back on the trail. From there we turned around and headed back down to the truck for some lunch and a breather. On our way back to the truck we found this really awesome narrow wash track with big banking berms for corners that was about a mile or two long. Super fun to just float back a forth like that with no worry of traction. After lunch, we headed to the West mountain and explored a bunch of good ST on the higher peaks, found a couple of trippy little smoke spots, some more burmed out wash riding, and found some crazy stairstep trail. After doing 50 miles ( half of it wooped out trails to get to the good ones ) we decided to call it a day because we all had noodle legs. All in all it was a really fun day and a descent place to ride when all the goods are covered in snow. The drive was a little long and I don't think I would go there but maybe once a year! It really makes you appreciate the beauty of our Northern California SSS! Here are some pics and videos to check out.

PICT0005-3.jpg

PICT0007-4.jpg

PICT0004-2.jpg

PICT0012-2.jpg

PICT0023-1.jpg

PICT0020-1.jpg

PICT0017-1.jpg

PICT0019-2.jpg

PICT0024-1.jpg

PICT0033.jpg

PICT0034.jpg

PICT0035.jpg

PICT0004-3.jpg

PICT0036.jpg

PICT0037.jpg

From there we turned around and headed back down to the truck for some lunch and a breather.

Did you cook on the tail pipe? :p

:ride: No tail pipe cuisine this time, just beef jerky and trail mix.:p

Looks like some interesting terrain out there! All this low snow and bad weather is really putting a damper on my riding. I'm hoping next Sunday the weather will be ok. Nice vid by the way RM the dirt up top looked nice and tacky.

Yeah, the dirt up top was fantastic. It was all decomposed granite type potting soil. Here are a couple more vids!:p

Sweet, a trail without woops!:ride:

Zman13 climbing a rocky stairstep:thumbsup:

Zman13 Running down the mountain!:moon:

A couple more vids desert fun!

I checked out your vids.

No blood was a disappointment.:p

I checked out your vids.

No blood was a disappointment.:p

There was blood shed by two of us but nothing major enough to take pics of.:ride:

re size your pics if you can.

The house you can see from the towers is my buddies parents. They liked it so much out there they built a house out there.

long haul for a day trip, we usually stay a couple days.

Ahh, I have not been there in too long!

Upgrade.

The size is small for me.

Good report RM:thumbsup: Were there no pictures of us dragging Destroyers bike across that mountain? Or you, upside down like a turtle on the side of the hill?:p I will put that camera mount on my helmet next time so we can see your "famous" dirt naps.:ride: Til our next adventure...........

The house you can see from the towers is my buddies parents. They liked it so much out there they built a house out there.

long haul for a day trip, we usually stay a couple days.

I am confused as to what is wrong with the pics size and how do I do what you are proposing? Is there a setting when I upload them to change the size to fit screen or something?:p

Good report RM:thumbsup: Were there no pictures of us dragging Destroyers bike across that mountain? Or you, upside down like a turtle on the side of the hill?:p I will put that camera mount on my helmet next time so we can see your "famous" dirt naps.:moon: Til our next adventure...........

No pictures of us dragging him across the mountain because we were too busy dragging his bike across the mountain to take any.:moon::ride:

must be my screen I have to scroll across to view the pic and they look stretched out.

Good report RM:thumbsup: Were there no pictures of us dragging Destroyers bike across that mountain? Or you, upside down like a turtle on the side of the hill?:p I will put that camera mount on my helmet next time so we can see your "famous" dirt naps.:moon: Til our next adventure...........

Maybe RM should get a new nick name of Rock Turtle. :ride:

must be my screen I have to scroll across to view the pic and they look stretched out.

He is using a go pro camera with the wide angle lens I think.

All the pics were taken with the GO PRO non wide angle, but it still stretches the pics out a little. :p

XLEnduroMan, He does not even go on ride should not make fun of the dirt naps of others!:ride:

Here are some more vids!

You sure did take a lot of video:thumbsup: XLENDURO is just jealous of your exceptional "napping" skills.:p