Sign in to follow this  

getting bike onto a stand?

whats the most common way to get a bike onto a stand? I can only do it by leaning the bike onto the kickstand, and then sliding the stand under it but what about bikes without a kickstand?

Lift the bike up by the sub frame or where the number plate intersects with the rear fender.

I grab the bars with my left hand, squat down grab the inside of the swingarm with my right and pick it up... get the bike over on your shoulder a bit and it makes it easier.

go to the gym and get some muscles! thats the most common way!

:p:ride::moon:

I figured it was mainly just lifting it onto the stand but wasnt really sure.

Grab at your subframe/ rear fender area, lean over onto your thigh and use your body to lift. Makes it easy.

Grab the handlebar grip with one hand, lean over the bike and grab the swingarm on the other side, and kinda lift it onto your thigh and put it up onto the stand.

Grab at your subframe/ rear fender area, lean over onto your thigh and use your body to lift. Makes it easy.

What he said!

CoKTM

If you can't lift your bike, It is TOO HEAVY!!!!!!!

dfkholdinglifan138-2.jpg

Don

I actually grab the rear tire rim and lift by that. I feel like I'm just too short or wimpy to lift the bike high enough using rear fender area

I grab where the yellow circles are. But i do it right handed so its the opposite side subframe, and oposite grip, but you get the idea

CR125014edit.jpg

After I figured out how to get my dads XR600R on to a stand I can now do it with any bike. I just grab the subframe and far side bar.

I've used two methods:

position the stand just in front and to the side of the skid plate. Go to the back and lift the rear wheel, so it pivots on the front wheel, then just slide it onto the stand. (I have a piggy, and a taller stand, so it's a little harder to just use the subframe method).

The other is lift with the subframe and use your leg to help push the rear of the bike up and onto the stand. (more "manly" version)

endo onto it :p

Jean-Michel Bayle style! Awwwright

I do it the way the old guy is holding it in the picture and use my knee to kick the back end up since im short, its easy! Sometimes i have to adjust it a little on the stand if i didnt line up right.. just wiggle it around usually..