Smaller Battery

Adam, Dutch sort of beat my to the punch on that PowerSonic link. That was going to be my recommendation. Anyway, I am surprised to see that the rating on the OEM is only .8 amp. You could go with a PS1212, save yourself 3 lbs, and have a battery that packs 50% more wallop. Talk about bang for you buck, shaving 3 lbs for only about $30! Don't worry about DC's $500 minimum, these guys are wholesalers. Check out either Electronic or Battery specialty shops in your area. Should be no problem sourcing a Powersonic. These babies are Gell cells, sealed, and can be mounted in any position. I use a .8 amp PS 1208 in my WR400 for the dual sport kit and I have a PS1252 in my RG500.

Cheers,

fershy

• 4 years later...

Alright, this is digging up a really old post but it seemed too good to be true, I'm surprised this didn't raise more interest in the first place.

So it looks like I can take 3 pounds off my WR with this battery, it has a higher amp hour rating, and searching online, it looks like it costs about $20??!! This just CAN'T be true. What's the catch?

Any battery experts out there?

Fershy, you still around?