Sign in to follow this  

?'s about Handlebar risers and bars

Ok, heres the deal. I bought some 1 1/8th bars, some risers used to convert my 7/8's set up to 1 1/8". I am hopefully including a picture of them if anyone knows what brand the risers are please let me know. They are off set in the way they bolt to the stock mounts. You can mount them either toward the inside or outside. Which way is the right way? The picture will show them with the bar clamp screws toward the inside.

Also what to do about the tab on the light control clamp. There was a hole in the stock bars for it to index on. There is no hole in the 1 18th bars. I am thinking just file it away and be done with it. I guess I could drill the new bars but that would be a pita to get the right angle.

Thanks

Oh by the way this is for a 07 dr650

100_0458.jpg

100_0459.jpg

100_0460.jpg

100_0461.jpg

100_0462.jpg

100_0463.jpg

100_0464.jpg

100_0465.jpg

They are off set in the way they bolt to the stock mounts. You can mount them either toward the inside or outside. Which way is the right way? The picture will show them with the bar clamp screws toward the inside.

Also what to do about the tab on the light control clamp. There was a hole in the stock bars for it to index on. There is no hole in the 1 18th bars. I am thinking just file it away and be done with it. I guess I could drill the new bars but that would be a pita to get the right angle.

Turn the clamps around and make 'em wide.

File the tab off.

Turn the clamps around and make 'em wide.

File the tab off.

+1. Nothing to add.

+2

the wider the stronger they will be

and kill the tab, unless you really feel like drilling a notch into your nice shiny new bars :p

If you file the tab don't remove it completely or the housing will be loose on the bars.

I've always just drilled a matching hole.

Those are Tag2 mounts and bars. I've got a set on my DR with a YZ bend. Great bars. They are mounted correctly in your top photo. Remove the locating pin in the switches and then you can set the controls to suit you.

DRbars3.jpg