Wheres all the KX5 guys?

iwas also wondering what the stock compression is supposed to be? wondering if i should just go ahead and put a new top end in my bike..it is a 95 and has minimal hours on it, but i think its still stock top end ?? should i just throw some rings in it? and what is a good easy way to clean my kips out?(from carbon and gunk) or make sure it is in good working order? and what the stock gearing is? i just want to make sure that my bike is in top performance...it is fast no doubt!!!! but im wondering if it is indeed as fast as it should be?? i have been riding 250s for a long time and it will for sure pull a 250 no prob, but it didnt really scare the crap out of me like i thought it would not really a wheelie monster?..but man it got me where i needed to go in no time at all ...just wanna make sure it is in top working order...like i said i have questions ..lol maybe i should check to see if previous owners may have put a fly wheel weight in it?? its very easy to ride and feels fast as hell...but i was expecting wheelies in every gear and scary unusable power...but it wasnt like that ...very fast and fun as heck!!! but i dunno if im just over thinking or maybe something needs tending to?? sounds crisp, no ticking or funny noises starts great power is there when i need it ..just maybe i was expecting to crap my pants all together and just had fun instead?...lol hell i dunno any advice on the kips and compression and gearing would prolly help ...thanks guys and sorry to ramble

If traction is good, you should be launching hard wheelies in the first 3 gears NO problem if all is mechanically 100% on a KX500. Maybe someone altered the gearing? As for doing a top end on a KX500, my bike is a 2001, and I did a top end right after I purchased it in '06, and the piston was only slightly worn, really did not need a top end, but I had the parts, so I went ahead and did it anyways. KX500's simply don't rev, and the vast majaroity of people who own KX500's do not beat the engines hard, for fear of death...

KX500's come jetted very conservatively rich from the factory, so don't be afraid to jet down to gain some snap. Pull of the plastic mag cover and you will be able to see if a flywheel weight has been added. A Flywheel weight will definately make for a tamer bottom end hit..

If traction is good, you should be launching hard wheelies in the first 3 gears NO problem if all is mechanically 100% on a KX500. Maybe someone altered the gearing? As for doing a top end on a KX500, my bike is a 2001, and I did a top end right after I purchased it in '06, and the piston was only slightly worn, really did not need a top end, but I had the parts, so I went ahead and did it anyways. KX500's simply don't rev, and the vast majaroity of people who own KX500's do not beat the engines hard, for fear of death...

KX500's come jetted very conservatively rich from the factory, so don't be afraid to jet down to gain some snap. Pull of the plastic mag cover and you will be able to see if a flywheel weight has been added. A Flywheel weight will definately make for a tamer bottom end hit..

ya i will double check the gearing tomorrow and let yall know..i do know it is a 14 tooth on the motor and not to sure about the back yet..hell the dirt was kinda soft the other day maybe i was just spinning alot and didnt really realize it..is there a good routine clean i can do on all the kips parts ? should i simply check to make sure there isnt a bunch of gunk in it? or should i even worry about it? do these kips on the 500s require more maintenance then normal power valve setups on most 125s and 250s? hell all my other bikes i would simply take the cover off and shoot it with brake cleaner and blast out all the carbon and gunk..sorry for all the dumb questions ..i feel like this bike is an alien to me?? lol ive owned 250s and 125s all my life and never questioned the power as they always seemed fast to me...as i said before this bike rips no doubt! but i was expecting to be scared of it...maybe im just used to fast dirt bikes ???

After my first bike (87 cr500) I gave up on riding. Then, just for the heck of it I bought my friends beat up kx500. Now being as that the suspension was highly modified for his 200lb butt, My 1/8th ton made for a really cush ride and could not believe how fast I was going on it until I tried to stop! Still a beginner in the dirt, this smooth machine has me going to the desert here in CA at the drop of a hat and my wife is now a green machine widow. Oh did I leave out that he modified the engine to run as linear as an electric motor? I put some brass inserts in the bar ends for arm relief and some wider pegs on it and it will never leave my possesion, period. Everyone I lend it to tells me it is a rocket but alas I am too old to realize its full potential on the trail. It is still nice to know that it will get me up any hill that I have the nads to try and after 2 seasons have only hit 5th gear at half crack on the throttle once! Yeah, I tried my friends 450 works bike and my other friends bikes that are all tricked out but, this green machine is pure gritty love. Happy trials, john zunich