Sign in to follow this  

'08 klr 650

The carb is a Keihin 40mm CVK version. We've been doing development for a jet kit on the KLR650 and there is more potential there with very simple changes and jetting than most riders expect.

Look for a jet kit release in the next 3 weeks.

Thanks,

James

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

The carb is a Keihin 40mm CVK version. We've been doing development for a jet kit on the KLR650 and there is more potential there with very simple changes and jetting than most riders expect.

Look for a jet kit release in the next 3 weeks.

Thanks,

James

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

Will it include an adjustable needle?

Seems that is the issue with these bikes.

I know bigger pilot will make it easier to start but will just changing a main do any difference with a stock motor?

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Mine runs pretty good with all the simple mods done.

Yes, the kit will include two adjustable needles with 5 clip positions to set the needle in. Adjusting the main jet to the kit recommendation with the kit needle and airbox modification is worth 2-3 hp over most of the rpm range.

Thanks,

James

Will it include an adjustable needle?

Seems that is the issue with these bikes.

I know bigger pilot will make it easier to start but will just changing a main do any difference with a stock motor?

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Mine runs pretty good with all the simple mods done.

We now have a new jet kit available for the KLR650. The jet kit is part #JDKA06 and has 2 needles, both of which have 5 clip positions for a wide range of adjustment. The Blue marked needle has a smaller diameter over the entire length for a richer fuel delivery. The Red marked needle will be a good combination for higher mileage and riding at higher elevations. They are designed to work especially well with opening the top of the airbox, and also with modifications like and aftermarket exhaust. The resulting power improvements make the KLR650 more fun without giving up the good, smooth torque characteristic of the bike.

The kit has instructions for the installation and setup. The kit also includes a drill and wood screw for removing the fuel screw plug and enlarging the slide's vacuum hole for improved response. There are settings for using the standard exhaust and aftermarket silencer.

See the dyno results graphed below showing the stock power, the improvement with the kit and airbox modification, and kit with airbox mod and exhaust using readjusted jetting from the kit.

You can contact ThumperTalk for the kit, which I'm sure will be on their shopping cart soon.

Thanks,

James

110004615.jpg