Sign in to follow this  

RM 125 to RM-Z 250

Hey fellow Suzuki riders, I have been debating forever on whether a four-stroke or a two-stroke would benefit my type of riding. I currently ride a RM 125, and I was wondering if any of you have went from a RM 125 to a RM-Z 250? If you have, Did you see significant improvement in your riding? Did it take a while to get used to riding a 4 stroke? Have you ever considered going back to a 2 stroke? Just trying to get an idea of what I should do. Thanks guys.

I went from an 01 125 bored out to a 144 to a 05 RMZ this past summer and will never look back. I love the 4-stroke! The 2-strokes are too unpredictable for me. The power band kicked my butt lol. I'd say you get better due to the low end power. You can just plow though corners. Check out my garage and you can see the difference in mine. Go with the rmz man.

Well, my only concern is that they will feel too heavy for me, becuase I only weigh about 125 lbs.

Well, my only concern is that they will feel too heavy for me, becuase I only weigh about 125 lbs.

I think you just have to get used to it like any other bike. Once your on the bike momentum takes you all the way. Plus you will end up growing into the bike.

I went from a 02 RM125 to a 05 RMZ250 then back to a 06 YZ125 and im now on a 2008 RMZ250.

I wasnt a fan of the 05 RMZ250 at all and could not get used to it then i got on a YZ125 and loved it and rode that for a while but im now back on a newer RMZ250 and it is so much better than any of my other bikes.

I think my bikes would have gone

2008 RMZ250 (as the best)

2006 YZ125

2002 RM125

2005 RMZ250 (only because i couldnt gell with it)

I had an '06 RM125 and I traded up to an '07 RMZ 250 a couple of years ago. The RMZ is heavier and as a result can feel a bit less nimble than the RM at first but when you get used to it and learn how to ride it correctly you wont notice it.

the biggest difference I found going from the 2 to the 4 was the cornering. with the 4 stroke if u close the throttle be sure the clutch is in or else the engine breaking will kill you. That was the biggest difference for me but I'll never look back to the 2 stroke. too much work!

i love the four stroke it is so much easier to drop into the ruts and pinn it i rode an 85 and 250 2 stroke forever and got on the rmz and was in love if i were you i would find someone who would let you try one out they arent for everyone but i sure do love mine

ive rode a 03 rm125 and like it but when i bought my 07 rmz250 i loved it. easier to ride than the 125 and more foregiving i think. plus the 250 has a predictable powerband unlike the 125's

I think I found a deal on one. Its an 04 RMZ 250 that looks to be in real nice shape, the guy has been trying to sell it for 6 months. He wants $2000, is that a good deal? Is an 04 to risky to get because I mean, I'm not worried about power, I'm just worried that it might feel to heavy for me. I've heard to stay away from 04 or older 250f's for racing mx. What do you guys think?