Sign in to follow this  

mod help

i have a o6 drz125l and if i buy a bbr pipe and take out the snorkel will i need to jet the carb and if i do what size. im also 500ft above sea level. any thoughts about a rear sprocket. thanks

Robotplant posted this

"Try this for size should fit. My reply to a similar question a couple of weeks ago:

Change your exhaust system for a good after Market one .

Remove air snorkel and wired back fire screen in the airbox . Cut the top of the air box ( approx 4" x 4" ) .

Remove carb from Bike ,drill out the brass plug ( bottom engine side ) to expose the air screw. turn the air screw in all the way then out 2 1/2 turns out.

Raise the needle in the carb with 1mm washer .

Change the main jet to 112.5 and pilot to 20.( you may need to vary slightly the jetting to suit different pipes , temperatures and altitude )

This will do the trick , different bike

If you require bigger leaps in power you will need to go down the route of Big bore kits , 143cc, 170cc or 190 cc. Search this forum for all info , lots of good posting on the subject."

cool so if i do all this im not going to start going threw spark plugs am i ? the bike is fun i just want more power but also dont want to mess any thing up beyond repair but ill give those things a try drilling in the carb sounds risky too

If you have it jetted right and it is not running rich you should not foul any spark plugs.

one last thing dont want to bore you. so just any 1mm washer and will it be obviuos where to put it.will a bbr pipe come with a jet.

Don't listen to that kid.

If you go out more than 2 turns on your fuel screw, you really should go up to the next size on the pilot jet.

Jetting isn't an exact science. What works on my bike most likely won't work on yours.

I took the air box door off, fabricated a steel mesh screen over it.

I also remover the air box snorkel.

Here's my jetting with air box mods and BBR pipe and twin air filter:

Main 115

Pilot 20

Shimmed needle up 1mm

Fuel screw 1 1/2 turns out.

It runs AWESOME. But it's jetted for the weather right now. I know it's going to be a little rich once the warmer weather hits.

With my jetting like this, it just about completely got rid of all cold start/cold runnability issues.

I can start it now and only leave the choke on for about a minute and then shut it off and it's ready to go.

But keep in mind what works for me might not work for you.

BTW I'm in Rhode Island.

You have to experiment to what is the best for you.

If you look on the BBR page there is alot of useful info on jetting.