Sign in to follow this  

FCR carb install help

I bought an 39mm FCRMX carb off eBay for a song but now it seems it will not fit my DRZ400SM. I bought all the parts form Eddie's post. The airboot adapter will not connect to the carb. Here are some pics:

carb.jpg

Here is the pic of the intake. Notice there are no holes for the adapter to attach to. (part # 021-216)

adapter.jpg

Here is the adapter from Sudco.

numbers.jpg

Here are the ID numbers on the side of the carb.

What do you think my options are? It seems to me I do not have a compatible FCR carb. Any comments are welcome.

You don't have the removable intake bell on your carb ,and will have to find a way to make it fit the airbooth.

Some people here have made their own adapters ,but if you not are familiar with machining ,dump it on ebay ,and get one who fits.

yeap,wrong carb for your application.

Don't want to hijack the thread or anything

But I'm about to do this mod too..

So we both need the carb with the removeable bell on the rear Right?

:p

like F2dog said, you can make an adapter out of a wide variety of materials. i did one with a piece of 2 1/4"{ OD exhaust pipe from a muffler shop and then i fabricated a velocity stack from PVC pipe and high temp siliconed the sleeve and stack to the carb. Not recommended by most on this site, but it will work. Get creative, i hear that the right FCR MX has become mighty hard to acquire

Don't want to hijack the thread or anything

But I'm about to do this mod too..

So we both need the carb with the removeable bell on the rear Right?

:p

To awoid a lot of stress and jetting , you should get one with the remowable intake bell.

Also awoid those with the casted(Metal) housing for the cables ,as it get too tight at the top towards the frame

I had a feeling I had the wrong carb. Thank you for confirming it for me. Back to the drawing board I guess.

Anyone know the item number from Sudco that would be the right carb?

Every time I check the store does not have them. Plus I now have all the parts except the carb itself. Not sure if they sell the carb not as a kit.

Anyone know the item number from Sudco that would be the right carb?

Page 37 of their latest catalog. Download it here. I have no idea if you need the "Air Cut Valve/Hot Start". You don't need the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor).

You might still want to go through the ThumperTalk stores, and see if they can get you something off the list price.