Sign in to follow this  

Rubber exhaust seal - where to buy?

The circular seal that fits between the pipe and silencer.. I can't find the item for sale anywhere. Anybody have a link?

You know I think TM makes a fancy looking one that costs around $30 that is not supposed to leak. I think I saw it in motosport.com or rockymountainmc,ebay?. The heater hose from napa way is way cheaper though. You mean your local honda dealer doesn't have it for sale at some ridiculous price for you?

They may.. I was just hoping there was a better solution. I'll check out the Napa idea.

Well, Try heavy duty electrical tape. Clean both pipes real good. Wrap the tape from the center few rounds then to the sides, Making it even. They come in colors too.

If you have an old tube laying around, you can cut a piece off of it, wrap it around the pipe/silencer junction a couple of wraps and secure with tywraps. I usually clean the pipe and silencer junction, put a little Black Permatex on it, and let it set overnight. It will not leak. 81158.jpg

Ended up at Oreilly's and bought some thick rubber hose and two steel clamps. All better.

The circular seal that fits between the pipe and silencer.. I can't find the item for sale anywhere. Anybody have a link?

I know you've already fixed it but that rubber exhaust seal is in the Parts Store right here on TT.d