Sign in to follow this  

PWK28 on a RM85 jetting help?

I am replacing the stock round slide with a flatside PWK28 on a

stock 2007 RM85 used for woods racing at 1000ft temps 60-90F.

The carb was off a KX85.

Looks like I need to use a KX throttle cable.

What's the best jetting set-up?

I don't think anyone here could tell you exactly what to do for this set up. I think the best thing to do is find the stock set up and go from there. There is a great link In the Suzuki facts Sticky at the top of this forum page. That will get you dialed in.

Good Luck :p

The original carb is a 28mm PE, isn't it? If so, the 28mm PWK uses the same jets. I'd check to see what jets are in the PWK and compare them to what is in the PE. Try running the PWK as is and see how that works.

What makes you think you'll need a different throttle cable?

The original carb is a 28mm PE, isn't it? If so, the 28mm PWK uses the same jets. I'd check to see what jets are in the PWK and compare them to what is in the PE. Try running the PWK as is and see how that works.

What makes you think you'll need a different throttle cable?

I will start with the stock jetting for the KX85.

The throttle cable end is different between the two carbs.

So if anyone has actually done this mod in the past please help me out.

Hey you still there treesmacker? I have a '03 RM85 that I ride in the trails and I replaced the stock PE with a PWK from a YZ85, my throttle cable fit the PWK just fine. The factory jetting from the YZ was too lean for me on the pilot so I bumped it up from a 45 to a 48 that I had in the PE, there was an immediate improvement everywhere in the power output. I then changed the 48 to a 50 just to see how it would run but I didn't get a chance to ride it just yet. My plug, running a BR10EG and 32:1, looked great after running the PWK. It's too early to say if the rest of the jetting is spot on but I'm very pleased with the upgrade.