Sign in to follow this  

How Many Db- YZ250

Anyone have a guess to how many Db's my 05 YZ250 is putting out? (My local track is fighting the good fight against the new neighbors...)

YZ250

Ported/Polished/Head/Carb mods

PC Works Pipe

PC R304 Shorty

I repack my silencer ALL the time, after all, 2 stroke packing is CHEAP and easy to do. Any ideas on how many DB, and I also have a standard PC 304 that may be a little quieter...

Just trying to do my part.

-Nate

With a 30 4shorty, your not not doing your part so well. They are louder than the stock system. Obviously it is nothing like a 4t, but I suppose the point could be made that your bike was made louder....Really, I have a hard time worrying about that when the 4t's cause hearing damage in comparison.

About 1/2 way through this document there are some test results for the yz 250 with a few different silencers.

ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1140/files/ca%20ohv%20noise%20report%20wr%2004-31-06.pdf -

YAMAHA YZ-250 2 YES FMF "Q" 93 F P

YAMAHA YZ-250 2 YES Stock 95 F P

YAMAHA YZ-250 2 YES FMF SHORTY 96 F P

I cut a bunch of info out of this section, but this was the sae test results for a 2005 yz 250. The document is interesting because it lists two tests with the fmf q. One tested at 95, the same as stock. I wonder if the packing was worn in one of them?

• Like 1

With a shorty it will be pretty loud. With a Turbinecore II my bike is usually 91-93 dB.

I suppose I will switch over to the long version. I pack the heck out of both of them, but it still has a deep bark. Never fails though, always some clown with what sounds like a straight pipe 2/4 stroke out there- no wonder people beotch!

Welp, back to serviceing/lubing the link and swingarms- fun time!

You might want to consider reading up on what RC, & others, here have to say about the relatively new FMF Q-Stealth. :p

Just do a search.