About 'PO' Thread

Hadn't been on TT for a few days, got on today and saw the 'Dear PO' thread I started was closed, then saw the thread that the actual PO of my bike started, also closed, hadn't seen it before. Maybe not appropriate to start a new thread, but since they were closed and I wanted to respond I will. The mods will pull it if they think it shouldn't be in here.

Anyway, wow that's a lot of vitriol on a website about motorcycles based on a partially fictitious humor thread/post.

SO

For the record the guy I bought it from (Hix) DID handle the transaction honestly and directly. I have no problem in real life with how it went down. He did not misrepresent the bike in any way. Also, someone owned it before him, he's not the only 'PO'.

For the record, I WAS a newb and I DID drop the bike on the ice on the test ride, even after Hix told me there was ice. Ooops, embarrassing:blush: , total newb move. (I have more, believe me:-) Too bad it wasn't on cam, I can only imagine what it looked like:

Hix: "watch out, there's ice down there."

Me: "OK" (falls on large sheet of black ice 10 seconds later)

Hix: (Rolls eyes)

For the record, there was some exaggeration in the post (he obviously did not rub concrete in the keyhole, for example). But a lot of the stuff on the bike was as in the post. It was supposed to be funny. I still think it is, and I'm glad it's lived on and raised people's ire. That's how I roll.

For the record, if you got all bent about this (except for Hix) and don't get the humor, I'm not really concerned about that.

Most Importantly:

For the record, I am man enough to apologize for my mistakes: Hix, sorry, didn't mean to offend you personally, or represent you in reality as a bad guy, or make fun of the real you. I don't mind taking a beating on the forum from people I don't know for being a n00b. But not my intent to make fun of a real person in public. Not my style to build myself up by tearing others down. Take this as a sincere apology if that's how you took my post.

• Like 1

The only thing I can say is it might of been a good idea to of warned/informed the PO about your post (before posting it), that it was all tongue in check and in reality, you were very happy with the purchase. People need to realize, most anything well used will have 'quirks' . Only a completely anal retentive person like myself maintains the bike in as new condition all the time. In reality, a bike slowly evolves into a unique machine, some better, some worse for wear.

I knew a flaky girl once. Well, more than one but that is a different story. Her uncle gave her a old car. Paid her insurance too. A month later, it needed a battery. She complained to her uncle and everyone else that he owed her a new battery as the one in the car he gave her for free was bad. She was serious.....

nishgriff, after reading the threads, I could tell you were not serious, that you were instead, explaining life. People need to read and digest and think before spouting.

Also, keep in mind, TT, like any place many congregate, is often controlled by mob rule. Ever seen a major sports celebration? I always wondered why, when my team wins, the fans of the winners trash their town. Ya'd think the losers would trash their own town instead. Go figure.

It isn't like you guys were accusing each other of hanging out in the "bonding thread". Those boys just ain't right.

We were trying to get them to settle it with an old fashioned pistol duel:banana: HIX was all for it:p

I always wondered why, when my team wins, the fans of the winners trash their town. Ya'd think the losers would trash their own town instead. Go figure.

Funny, as I was thinking the other day about this same thing. But I would rather like to see these fans trash their own houses then afterwards go into their own driveways/garages and flip over their own vehicles. Strange how they always choose to damage other peoples property instead, isn't it?

I enjoyed the thread and posted in it. I think we can all relate to buying a used bike. I did not view it as a attack on the PO more of a humerous experience we can all relate to. The concrete in the key hole was funny but it got in there when you went down ?

Sweet...my humor always sounds harsher than I mean it to be. I say we settle this issue at Rampart the first weekend in April

FYI...its kinda hard to take something as toung in cheek when you talk about conversations we supposedly had, the cars in my driveway and the town I live in....