Sign in to follow this  

So I'm out of the game for several weeks

Been having some pain in my lower abdomen. I strained a muscle down there a few years ago and this felt the same so I just took it easy and it got better. Went for a ride on Thurs and after about 20 min I had to stop because of the pain. Checked when I got home and the lump told me what it was and the doc confirmed that I have a friggin hernia. Going for the surgical consult next week. I have strict instructions of no riding until the surgeon clears it. :p

Well, I guess I'll just use this time to tear things apart and give everything a good cleaning and lube and probably go ahead and do a piston and timing chain while I'm at it.

I think I got the same thing going on, gonna be going to the Dr to have it checked out, sure dont look forward to getting it fixed. Hernia's seem to be a common problem, especially for old guys like myself.

hey man, well, good luck. how long are you suposed to be out of comission?

but total bummer man, good luck

Thats no good! . Get better quick. You the guy down in the San Tans I met up with a couple weeks ago?

if you've had it for a few years you're probably gonna have to get it fixed. i bro of mine who's a pro snowboarder had a bad one for 2-3 years, it would actually bulge out like a golf ball sometimes and he would just push it back in. eventually had to go under the knife, but he was back riding again pretty quick and no more bulging golf ball.

good luck, you should recover fine.

hey man, well, good luck. how long are you suposed to be out of comission?

but total bummer man, good luck

Consult with the surgeon is on Wed. Family doc said that it would probably be 3-4 weeks AFTER the surgery. So it depends on when the surgeon can get me in.

Thats no good! . Get better quick. You the guy down in the San Tans I met up with a couple weeks ago?

Yep

if you've had it for a few years you're probably gonna have to get it fixed. i bro of mine who's a pro snowboarder had a bad one for 2-3 years, it would actually bulge out like a golf ball sometimes and he would just push it back in. eventually had to go under the knife, but he was back riding again pretty quick and no more bulging golf ball.

good luck, you should recover fine.

I didn't fully blow it out last time so there was nothing to fix. This time I did pop it. I get the bulge and push it back in. As soon as my family doc looked at my abdomen he kinda chuckled and said "oh yeah, you are need to see the surgeon."

I've had 3 of those surgeries. I lost your PM's...send me ya number. I could stop by and say hello. My whole mid section is patched together. The last one was a scope type surgery...no big cut...no friggin staples! Just 3 or 4 small holes.

I've had 3 of those surgeries. I lost your PM's...send me ya number. I could stop by and say hello. My whole mid section is patched together. The last one was a scope type surgery...no big cut...no friggin staples! Just 3 or 4 small holes.

Bring me a hot dog? :p

Bring me a hot dog? :p

I'll stick one on the engine...Should be hot by the time I get over to:p your place!

Good luck!

I had a hernia in 2005.

Was out for almost 8 weeks.

However, I rode on the 7th

:p

Take the time to heal up.

Good luck!

I had a hernia in 2005.

Was out for almost 8 weeks.

However, I rode on the 7th

:)

Take the time to heal up.

Yeah, had the surgical consult today. They are going to call me in 5-7 days to schedule it. He said 8 weeks off the bike after surgery and absolutely don't get on the bike before the surgery because I could tear it worse. I actually think that is what I did last week when I rode.