Sign in to follow this  

08 txc ride report!!!!!!! with videos!

Allright guys, I had the chance to take the bike out on the trail for the first time, WOW!!! this thing is what everybody says it is and then some!!!!.

I went to this park called Carolina adventure world, very nice place, with good trail system. Here's what I liked about the bike:

*It feels light, flickable

*very stable, it goes where you point, easy to change lines going from rut to rut, ergo worked very well for my stature.

*TRACTION!! lots of it, they had 4inches of rain at the park prior to me going there, it was very slippery to say the least, but I was able to go fast, corner fast without washing out or sliding.

*Smooth, this bike is very powerfull, but it's very smooth making easy to handle in thight trails,

*suspension is just perfect to me, I like the front forks being on the harder side, since this bike will be my racer, I'll trade a little plushness for stability. Here's the cons:

#stock graphics, They suck!!! the ones that didn't peel off are cracked!

#jetting was a little weird, I was flaming out every now and then going out of corners in 2nd gear, And when I cracked the trhottle open fast it stalled.

I think that the cons are little things that are easy to fix, nothing to worry about,

Here's my list of mods:

Motosportz steering damper:

WOW, besides being a work of art, it works like magic, I think that the stability that I felt had a lot to do with this, I didn't ride the bike without it so I guess I'll never be able to compare!!

I did most of the mods on Scotts summers list.

50t Rear sprocket by motosportz.

Sunline handguard

asv levers

Enough said!!!!! This machine ROCKS

Enjoy the videos

LOL ! that was funny/messed up when you yelled at your buddy while passing him up.

From the sound I take that you are riding a TXC510?

Also, did you happen to find a 3"x5" piece of elbow skin on the oval? I lost a piece the last time I was there. It had been dry for several days and the oval actually had tire rubber on it. Real hard packed! My front end said "see ya!" on the back corner just as I was beginning to think that I was super(moto)man.

lol, no I didn't find your elbow there, sorry, It's funny how that little track can boost one's confidence so fast, and its a 450 not a 510!

I gave him half track head start, he deserved a little yelling!!!(he was talking trash)

I live only an hour from there and have gone a couple of times. There is also another park called TNT Motorsports Park not too far from there that has several mx tracks plus lots of trails.

It's nice to have places to ride all day without worrying about encroaching on private land or breaking some law.

Were you down just to ride there or were you here on a visit?

I went down just to ride, we were going to brushy moutain as well but they were closed all week due to SNOW!!!! just my luck!lol I wish I would ve known about tnt, oh well, We' re going back next winter!!

I went down just to ride, we were going to brushy moutain as well but they were closed all week due to SNOW!!!! just my luck!lol I wish I would ve known about tnt, oh well, We' re going back next winter!!

Please send a PM if you do. I would love to have an excuse to ride!

Also, keep us up on the TXC450. We are all interested in it's performance and quirks.

You are going to love that bike! I have the same bike with 4 rides on it and it just gets better and better. I have a slight hight problem so I have sent forks and shock off to Les at LTR Racing to set it up for weight and hight. cant weight to get it back:thumbsup:

I'll sure do hunt!! and z28 I agree with you, this bike gets better everytime you push the e-button!! I thought that coming from a 2stroke, I would go tru a longer transition period but no, it felt just right, I felt like I was instantly faster on this bike!!

If you ever get a chance to wear out a mx track with it let me know how it does. I had a TC510 and put the e-button on it. I just couldn't turn the lap times on it like I wanted. I wish I had waited for the TC450. The button really spoiled me especially with an unexpected stall on the track.