Sign in to follow this  

taking off old hand grips

i started this thread because i was wondering if there was any good techinques for taking off old hand grips:thumbsup:

Blow air from an air compressor between the grip and the bar and they pop right off, or just cut them off with a razor blade.

I either cut them with a razor blade, or if I'm re-using the grips I'll blow them off with compressed air.

compressed air is faster than a knife. It comes off in seconds. Try it and you will be sold. :p

compressed air is faster than a knife. It comes off in seconds. Try it and you will be sold. :p

+1 and u don't have to risk cutting yourself

put a screwdriver in the end jam it between the bar and the grip . grab a can of wd40 stick the straw in there and squirt it , the grip will then slide right off .

+1 and u don't have to risk cutting yourself

o god dont remind me. i got 8 stitches in my thumb trying to scrape off the excess glue after putting some new grips on. i hate knives

well thanks for the help every body i think i will try the air compressor trick or maybe the screw driver and WD40

Box cutter

Ha ha dude I think I just starred at your avatar for like 5 minutes it put me in a trance until I realized I wasn't done reading the thread.