Sign in to follow this  

144 pipes

FYI, it seems that DEP and HGS are suposedly making 144 specific pipes with a fatter center section and 144 design.

Now the great british pound has followed the USD by going down the toilet, they might be easier to get hold of....if i can find out if these pipes really are designed for the 144 i might get my mum to send me one out.

No but I wanted to get the DEP version and I see there is two versions a torque and rev style pipe. tough choice but I want to try it out I'm sure it would help out. Thanks for posting that cause I had people argue with me DEP didn't make a YZ 144 pipe when I asked before.

I had people argue with me DEP didn't make a YZ 144 pipe when I asked before.

they list the pipes as "RM125/144" so its a bit ambiguous for sure, but the mxbits website has them listed separately.

If you go that way Bruce it would probably pay to get the whole system the first time round to save on shipping.

I think they would make a huge difference for a 144 anyway.

has any one got a hold of williams motoworks? i think jesse builds hand built cone pipes

He's an acquaintance of mine, and mutual friends with a lot of the guys I hang out with.

Last time I spoke to him I asked if he could build me a pipe for my wr250x, he said he is really busy with the valves and engine work.

I have ridden a 96 yz144 with one of his pipes on it (he also did the motor work) and it was a midrange MONSTER. Flatter on top than my 99 or 04 yz125's, but the mid was just huge and it made the bike alot easier to ride fast.

Were I to go big bore though, I think I would go the stroker route (i.e. 151, or 167).