Sign in to follow this  

Roll Offs VS. Tear Offs

I am using tear offs now, And I was thinking about buying some goggles with the roll offs. I have heard that the roll offs are superior to tear offs, but how?

And what else would I have to buy with the roll off goggles, I know I have to get rolls, but what is the little visor things that go at the top of the goggles? What are they for, and do you ever have to get new ones?

One of the tracks that I ride (Tulare, Ca) has night riding. I get terrible glare from the lights with tear offs. So I use roll offs. Much better for me.

I don't think you can convert tear off goggles to roll off. Not sure. Check the internet CLEARANCE SALES. Yes!!

Yep, Im lookin at some smith intake roll off goggles for 15 bucks. But what is the deal with the visor things?

Rolls off with a quick strap you can't go wrong! (visor things) just to cut down on the sun if you still racing while the sun is going down.

I am using tear offs now, And I was thinking about buying some goggles with the roll offs. I have heard that the roll offs are superior to tear offs, but how?

And what else would I have to buy with the roll off goggles, I know I have to get rolls, but what is the little visor things that go at the top of the goggles? What are they for, and do you ever have to get new ones?

i have to get rolls LOL! rolls in your stomach that is lol:smirk:

Roll-offs have mainly 2 advantages compared to tear-offs: price and longevity (you can pull the cord maybe 50+ times. I can't see myself putting 50 tear offs on a pair of goggles)

The little visor helps keeping water from going between the film and the lens, making them stick. I don't think you have to change it. I never did.

I use roll-offs only when it's muddy. I use tear-offs the rest of the time.

One more thing, NEVER use roll-offs in the sand. It can get in the mechanism and block it.

Our use. Tear offs in the mud good. Roll offs in the wet rain good. Just MHO. :p