Sign in to follow this  

"Check This Out!!"

I had posted pics the other day with my new graphics, well even with the MX style rear fender, it still looked to old school to me, so I got diggin around in my old plastic out in the back shop and found an old rear fender that I took off of an 01 CR250 I used to have, a little trimming, drilling and a couple of small brackets and this is what I came up with.....V V V, With the exception of a small gap between the seat and rear fender, which I don't mind, almost looks like it came that way, what do you guys think?:p

Picture749.jpg

Picture748.jpg

Picture750.jpg

Nice job, I think it looks GREAT!

Thanks, I kinda think of it as a precision mix of old school power with newer hot rod design. Other than that I can't really think of any other body tweaks or mods to do to it. I try to keep things sutle and minimul as to not deminish the over all look of the bike. I really, really like it!!:p

Looking pretty sharp!!

Now all you need are some shrouds and you'll finish the look

It looks great, the only thing that dates it is the seat... not much you can do about that I suppsoe

It looks great, the only thing that dates it is the seat... not much you can do about that I suppsoe

Unless you get the Aloop kit, but then your stuck with just a 2 gallon tank:(

I actually like the seat a whole lot more now, kinda gives it that vintage racer look, yet a little more modern looking with the plastic mods and inverted suspension, next I may look into going with a newer style headlight. I cant wait until tomorrow, me and a buddy are gonna ride a local atv park thats over 3000 acres, super fun, long straights and jumps with lots of trails, place is awesome!

Unless you get the Aloop kit, but then your stuck with just a 2 gallon tank:(

still loooks goood to me!:p

btw what you guys in yanky land pay for an a loop kit??

Actually there is something you could put on but it's spendy! Gastanks.com has a CRF style Seat Tank combo looks pretty sweet but it's like $400!

Looks better than the other fender for sure, at least the part that's showing.

One thing that really makes 600's look dated is the headlight. An Acerbis DHH is a really inexpensive solution if you're not too worried about actual nighttime illumination. (link) If you are I've seen some pretty cool custom stuff, like the guy who mounted the dual Buell setup on his. With those newer forks a modern headlight will really set off the look. Then you can work on the seat cover. It looks a bit like an old innertube streched over it....:p

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=9te95iom.bsxg35hm&x=0&y=i25xhe&localeid=en_US

Thanks, I kinda think of it as a precision mix of old school power with newer hot rod design. Other than that I can't really think of any other body tweaks or mods to do to it. I try to keep things sutle and minimul as to not deminish the over all look of the bike. I really, really like it!!:p

That bike looks hard core! Took me a min to go over it and notice all the things you had done to it. I like how you spruced it up with out over doing it.

should do a write up on how you did it, the cuts you made, how it looks with the seat off etc. for others that want to do it