Sign in to follow this  

Saddleback Ride Photos

Took an early morning ride up Saddleback :p Not to many people out. Warm and cold in places. 3-08-2008001.jpg

Nice Switchback.

3-08-2008005.jpg

Where I came from.

3-08-2008008.jpg

Fire damage.

3-08-2008006.jpg3-08-2008007.jpg

Lake Elsinor in the backround.

3-08-2008009.jpg3-08-2008004.jpg

Nice pictures! I didn't know the gate was open, or I might have been there for a :p .

That is Silverwood Lake in the picture.

Edit: I mean Lake Mathews.

Lake Elsinor. For a plated run its the best in my book locally

I think I'm gonna hit that trail up tomorrow.. Could you please PM me the directions to that gate, coming from Santiago Cyn Road? I'd really appreciate it!

Lake Elsinor. For a plated run its the best in my book locally

lake matthews

lake matthews

Are you sure? I thought it was Lake Elsinor. I ride Ortega a lot and it sure looks like Lake Elsinore but I could be wrong.

From 5 south exit El Toro rd. Turn Left. Make first left (El Toro rd) follow toward Saddleback Mountain. Turn right at Silverado Canyon/Blackstar and follow Silverado Canyon to the gate. You are now here, go ride, pack it in and out. People that use this area are clean and respectful so be the same. Post pictures if you can. Have fun. :p

Nice pictures, thanks for posting them.

I may take a little afternoon ride up that way tomorrow since there will be an extra hour of daylight.

Pink gear/black helmet ....Honda 250X

Are you sure? I thought it was Lake Elsinor. I ride Ortega a lot and it sure looks like Lake Elsinore but I could be wrong.

From 5 south exit El Toro rd. Turn Left. Make first left (El Toro rd) follow toward Saddleback Mountain. Turn right at Silverado Canyon/Blackstar and follow Silverado Canyon to the gate. You are now here, go ride, pack it in and out. People that use this area are clean and respectful so be the same. Post pictures if you can. Have fun. :p

I'm coming from the other way on Santiago, so I'll make a left at Blackstar. For some reason I can't remember it's Blackstar where you turn. I appreciate the info. For that, I shall bring nude female models with me, and take pics galore.

(maybe not):ride:

Thanx again!

:p Ok. after looking at the maps I believe that is Lake Mathews. I learned something today. Switchbacks disorient you and even when you know where you are you could be wrong. Scary thing is I knew where I was i thought :ride:

Nice pictures, thanks for posting them.

I may take a little afternoon ride up that way tomorrow since there will be an extra hour of daylight.

Pink gear/black helmet ....Honda 250X

Where exactly is this located? im in mission viejo and looking for some nice trail riding

Please please please please have a plate and a spark arrestor! There was a group of guys the other day who weren't plated. I was on my mtb and got pushed off the trail by the leader. The rangers caught up with them at the bottom (not my doing though!) and as I was loading up, they were getting some heavy tickets.

It's one of the only good trails in south OC, and it's hardly ever open as it is. Set good examples, ride legal, and keep it open!

It seems there's quite a few peeps from Mission Viejo on here....

:p Ok. after looking at the maps I believe that is Lake Mathews. I learned something today. Switchbacks disorient you and even when you know where you are you could be wrong. Scary thing is I knew where I was i thought :ride:

I always swore up, down, left and right it was elsinore. whoops.

Great pics!

:moon: Ok. after looking at the maps I believe that is Lake Mathews. I learned something today. Switchbacks disorient you and even when you know where you are you could be wrong. Scary thing is I knew where I was i thought :moon:

My bad, I was disoriented after having toooo many beers last night.:ride:

I knew it wasn't Elsinore.

It is Lake Mathews.:p

Was Maple Springs open to the top? (a ranger was sitting in his truck at the

2nd gate the other day-no access...)

SHOOT! I saw the title of the thread and thought somebody found a way to get into the Saddleback MX track. I would drive all the way from Washinton to ride there again.:p