Fat grips

Can anyone recommend a thicker (fatter) grip for someone with large hands?

All my reearch has come up with little info on the diameter of the grips being offered. Something similar to the diameter of the grips on my streetbikes is what I'm looking for. I'm using Moose barkbusters, so the grips have to be cut to be made compatible with those. Any suggestions?

?

Can anyone recommend a thicker (fatter) grip for someone with large hands?

All my reearch has come up with little info on the diameter of the grips being offered. Something similar to the diameter of the grips on my streetbikes is what I'm looking for. I'm using Moose barkbusters, so the grips have to be cut to be made compatible with those. Any suggestions?

:ride:

Although not quite the dia of streetbike grips, I use ProGrips Superbike 699 on my Elefant. They were sold to me as dualsporting grips and they feel thicker than regular motox style grips. They are comfy and I like 'em, thats why I recommend them to my TexicanHippie friend.?

http://www.progrip.com/default.asp?tip=2&ite=gri#top

Tex, here's what I can tell you about the ProGrip 714's that I have on my bikes.

With the grips installed, the OD of the throttle side grip is a bit over 36mm; almost 1 7/16".

In all kinds of conditions (pouring rain, calf-deep peanut butter mud, etc.) I have never had a problem keeping my grip.

They are very well cushioned, do a good job of killing vibration, are really comfortable and do not wear out quickly. ?:ride:

http://www.progrip.com/default.asp?tip=8&ite=gri#top

Appreciate that info, Sono....that's pretty much what I'm looking for.

Seems like only lately my fingers are going numb on long woods rides. The thin grips I'm using now may or may not be the problem, but I'm looking for solutions to the problem, and thicker grips seem to be the cheapest place to start. I think vibration is the culprit, but I don't know why it is just starting to bother me lately. Maybe my age is just catching up with me.

I'm also considering going with the Barsnake vibe dampner kinda thing.

I had the same problem and seriously considered the barsnake, but read a post here on TT about filling the bars with "Great Stuff" expanding foam insulation and thought for $5, it couldn't hurt to try it. Every set of bars I install now get the foam insulation. Combined with the 714 grips, nearly all the vibration transfer is eliminated. ?

Stomp Grip traction pads also helped me to hold onto the bike better with my legs, so I no longer have to use the death grip to stay on the bikes.

I've heard about using the foam stuff, but I didn't think it would be dense enought to do any good. But it really does work, huh?

I've had good results from the foam. My take on a lot of the bar vibration is that resonant frequencies seem to travel through handlebars much like musical notes through a trumpet. Simply impeding the resonance through that hollow metal tube does a lot to cure the problem.

ProGrip #714's. I have to have large diameter grips and once I found these, I've never used anything else. Been using them for 9 or 10 years...

That's what I told him, Txsandman told him that too. I love those grips....tried them on a whim!