Sign in to follow this  

250F vs 450

i was looking around at some new bikes, mainly left over 08 hondas... i was planning on getting a 250F because i have rode 06 and 07 250F's and felt really good on them, but the left over 08 450 is the same as the left over 250F :p I dont know if i can turn down a 450 at 250F prices. But not having any experience on a 450 im just worried it will be too much power. That and i know you can ride a 25F just as fast as a 450 on most tracks. I have also heard the 450 is a bit better on valves and pistons though because you dont have to rev them to 12000 RPM to get good power out of them. Im 6' 160 pounds btw... and i ride a bit of MX, open gravel pits, open trails, and a bit of tight trails.

Yes, it's a pretty safe statement saying that 450 valves last longer than a 250f's, reguardless of make, mostly because of the lower max rpm ~ as you stated.

As far as I know, only the Suzuki 450 was unchanged from '08 to '09 and is priced at 250f levels, so is that the bike that we are talking about? It really doesn't matter, but let me just say that if you have a lot of experience on 250f's, the abundent amount of power of a 450 in every condition besides MX will make it a lot more fun.

On an MX track you will enjoy it more, but it will also put you into another class and that may not be so much fun. But if you really are talking about the z450 at their current discounted prices, you will lose the least amount of money (compared to any other 450) if you sold it a year from now.

The bike i was talking about is actually a Honda, but I was also looking at suzuki as well, the EFI seems pretty sweet. I dont actually race MX, just head to the track once in a while to race with my friends and see who is the fastest. I was just worried about the 450 wearing me out too fast, because im already pretty much dead after a day on the track on a 250F.