Sign in to follow this  

Rev limiter or air/fuel or?

Ran the cr125 a little today. Ran good, then started getting doggy when I'd open it up. Parked it and went to start it later and it wouldn't start. Put in a new plug and after it finally cleared out it started. Ran great, then it either started getting slightly doggy on the top OR I was revving it too high hitting a limiter OR it was low on gas and not getting the right amount of gas/oil OR it was too lean or rich on the topend.

I don't know. I don't ride it much and I'm use to revving out my 450 so I think part of it is me trying to rev it out too long. Got home and turned the air screw out a half turn and couldn't tell a difference. Turned it in a half turn and it was bottomed out.

I'll try it out again tomorrow and shift fast and see if it feels normal. It's geared 12/50. The plug I took out was an 8 and put in a 9 if that changes anything. It was ripping it up great after we put in the 9.

Thanks!

the air screw turned out less than 1 turn means you need a different pilot jet but that will not effect wot

main jet. run it wot and kill it and check plug if i had to guess i would say to jump down one. is everything but wot ok? one more thing if the plug looks good your float may be set to high and you are running out of fuel

i would suspect the float and or jetting and the two strokes don't have a rev limiter to my knowledge

what are you mixing your fuel at ? what oil? what year 125? and when's the last time she had a top end ?

mixing in a 2 gall jug, klotz benol 32:1, '98, 8 hrs

i'm going to mix up some more tomorrow and filler up and see how it goes.

i shouldn't mix it at 40:1 should i?

thanks!

I always run my mix at 40:1. When was the last time you cleaned the air filter? A dirty air filter will make a bike run "Doggy" when opening it up.

Good call. I haven't had the bike too long, haven't ran it much, and haven't checked the air filter. I just took it for a quick spin and it's still doing it.

So I'll clean the air filter. What about the stuck powervalve? Where is it and how do I check if it's stuck?

Thanks

well took it for short spin with no air filter and it's still doing it, so I guess that's not it.

even if it's just sitting here and a open it up it will miss or bog out or pop, etc.

could it just be that it's already fouled the new 9 plug?

what else to check?

you need to pull the carb and clean it and check what jets are in their and how the float is set otherwise you are just wasting time. we need to know what you have as best we can.

Fixed! Put in another new spark plug while not using the junky old air filter and it's back to RIPPING!!! Awesome!

Can you guys tell me the difference between the B8EG plug and the B9ES?

The S has a much fatter electrode - how does that effect performance?

And is the 8 or 9 hotter?

Thanks guys!!!